Are you tired of the traditional 9:00 to 17:00 job? Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with quick managerial opportunities and an attractive financial package? Are you a curious and outgoing person willing to interview, meet and cover the success stories of Japan’s business leaders?
If this description sounds appealing, then come and apply to join our young and dynamic team at The Worldfolio Japan!
Who We Are:
The Worldfolio is a media & communication agency specialised in the production of socio-economic and industrial reports.
Thanks to our partnerships with famous media outlets (some of which you may read or watch every day!), we create multimedia campaigns in which we promote the most dynamic sectors of the Japanese economy. To do so, we interview the leaders of both Fortune 500 and Mid-Size enterprises, along with Government Officials and economic experts. To finance these reports, we sell advertising and promotional placements within our media mix. Our business model is therefore a combination of journalism, multimedia-planning and advertising sales.
As a member of our Journalism department, a typical day will include the following:
-Conduct a 1-hour journalistic interview with a Japanese business leader
-Assist our sales team in selling and closing advertising deals
-Conduct market research to draft interview questions for your next interviewee
-Make a presentation to the PR department of a Japanese enterprise to convince them to grant us an interview
-Write and review interview transcripts and coordinate editorial tasks with our team of editors, translators and graphic designers
-Follow-up with clients and coordinate upcoming publications
-Create, draft and market new editorial concepts and editorial reports
Oh! and you might need to do all of that while travelling to Hokkaido, Kansai or Okinawa (get ready to discover the awesomeness of Japan’s regions!)
What profile we look for:
-You are curious and enjoy learning about topics as varied as Robotics, Video games, Automotive, Real Estate… (and everything else Japan excels at!)
-You are outgoing, social and have great interpersonal and presentation skills
-You are a result-driven individual who enjoys taking on challenges and who performs under pressure
-You are money-driven, adaptable, and willing to work the extra-hour to significantly increase your pay check
-You are motivated by leading and managing international teams and you want to be promoted FAST. Note: At the Worldfolio, we do not just want to “hire you,” we want to train you to become our next Country Director!
- We do not require any particular Degree or past experience in Journalism/Media. What we care about most is your ability to learn and to work for the success of our team!
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Speaking Japanese is a plus, but not a requirement (we work with professional interpreters)
What we offer:
- An attractive financial package composed of a fixed salary (USD 3,850) + monthly performance bonuses + monthly commissions. For you to understand how the bonuses and commissions influence your pay, consider that a new journalist makes between USD 60,000 to USD 80,000 on his first year
- Accommodation and living utilities are paid for if you decide to live in our corporate apartments
- 2 to 4 month editorial, journalism and sales training provided
- Private health insurance provided
- A clear carrier path with yearly promotions. Our Japanese operation has experienced unprecedented growth since two years, and there is a lot of room for development and expansion!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.