Are you a diverse pop-culture and online-video expert who would like to use your knowledge, skills, and intuition to consult for the media platforms that are shaping our world?
We are seeking a candidate who has a passion for pop-culture content in the areas of music, gaming, film, and TV. This role requires an understanding of trending content and a strong familiarity of the top social media platforms on which this content resides.
The Programming Coordinator would join our team to provide editorial and research services related to trending videos in Japan for our clients. This position would work to analyze video content to identify and report on current trends, both on our client’s platform and across various social media platforms.
We are a fast-growing Content Curation and Marketing Agency made up of pop-culture fanatics whose obsessions and skills are as varied as their locations and backgrounds. As we’ve grown, it’s become a priority to maintain a sense of community and culture. As a member of the 1021 Creative team, we would be looking to you to continue to foster our culture initiatives, which center around empathy, collaboration, work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion.
About 1021 Creative:
Our team is comprised of compassionate artists, DJs, writers, musicians, and collectors. But our approach to curation and content marketing values technology and metadata as much as taste and talent. We balance art with algorithms and use real-world data to create experiences that build trust, build revenues, and build brands. With more than 80 pop-culture obsessives working in 15 different countries, our services include editorial curation, product development, social media, and consulting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and partnerships to deliver editorial feedback and research on video content
- Review popular video content each day and take into account complex policies and considerations
- Apply a keen awareness of the cultural and political climate to all of the work
- Determine if videos meet the set criteria for the client’s goals
- Participate in and encourage the growth of 1021’s culture both within the company and outside of it
- Special Projects as needed
- Possess a keen awareness of the cultural and political climates in Japan
- Have the ability to review information with an analytical and objective mindset
- Able to research trending content and create reports
- All-around pop culture expertise
- Interest in video content as it contributes to our digital environment
- Strong familiarity with memes, hit songs and content trends in Pop Culture: Music, Gaming, Film and TV
- Deep familiarity with popular social media platforms: TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Clubhouse, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- Ability to work in Google Suite
These are not required skills, but can be helpful in the role
- Experience in content curation
- Comfortable working with data and statistical analysis
- Background in journalism, preferably with experience in breaking news
- Previous experience with copywriting and proofreading
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Full-Time employment
- 16 Public Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Annual Leave
- Employee Pension Insurance
- Any location in Japan
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.