Infrastructure Investor has an opening for an enterprising reporter in Tokyo.
You will be joining this market-leading team at a pivotal time for private capital infrastructure investment in Asia, with the region becoming not only a significant source of capital for fund managers on the fundraising trail, but, also, an increasingly important investment destination. The successful candidate will be expected to help drive and expand our market-leading coverage of the region.
Our journalists connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis and information not available elsewhere. It’s not enough for our journalists to simply report what happens; they must be able analyse how and why news matters for our discerning, high-level audience that comprises the world’s most influential institutional investors, leading fund managers and advisors across alternative asset classes including private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt.
We are looking for ambitious individuals seeking to advance their career in one of the most dynamic segments of global finance by joining a growing, global media company. The reporter will be one of six journalists focusing exclusively on the product, sitting within PEI Media’s wider team of 50 private markets-focused journalists and researchers.
• Produce a mix of daily news, multimedia and analysis items for the website and regular assignments for the magazine.
• Pitch content ideas.
• Cultivate a network of trusted sources among senior industry practitioners.
• Travel and attend industry and PEI-organised events.
• Host and moderate live discussions at PEI events.
• Act as an ambassador for the brand.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• At least two years of journalism or related/relevant experience.
• Ability to develop a network of senior professionals.
• Breaking off-diary stories.
• Writing market analysis.
• Knowledge of regional languages, particularly Japanese and Korean.
• Infrastructure and/or private markets experience.
• Multimedia skills (infographics, podcasts, video).
• Writing opinion pieces.
• Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility.
• A team player, recognising the need to collaborate to deliver on the product’s mission.
• Comfortable operating in a grown-up working environment where regular feedback.
• Ability to learn on the job and progress quickly.
• Resilient under pressure – able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines.
• Diplomacy: able to display multi-faceted communication skills in a persuasive, but diplomatic way to ensure that outstanding results are achieved, and the right deadlines and initiatives get prioritized.
• High degree of personal pride in own and company work, constantly striving to improve motivation.
• Highly goal-focused and motivated by achieving high personal standards in all aspects of work – ambitious to meet own personal and organisational goals.
• Desire to be part of a dynamic business with high growth expectations.
• Keen to stretch self and develop career at PEI.
Salary - Dependent on Experience
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.