Job Search

Native English Teacher

NPO New Life Kashima 21 (NPO法人ニューライフカシマ21 )

NPO New Life Kashima 21 (NPO法人ニューライフカシマ21 )

Job ID
139676
Location
Kashima City, Ibaraki
Post date
Jan 8, 2021
Industry
Education / Teaching
Function
Teacher, Instructor (ELT, Conversational English)
Work Type
Contract / Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary
¥260,000 ~ ¥300,000 / Month

Requirements

  • English: Native level
  • Japanese: Conversational
  • Must currently reside in Japan
  • Visa sponsorship available

Description

New Life Kashima 21 is looking for dedicated Native English Teachers for our eikaiwa, Arbor English School, for the school year commencing April 2021. Ideally the successful applicant would be able to move to Kashima for training and familiarization by mid-March 2021. Arbor English school is very serious about English education and our goal is to support children in becoming good citizens with strong English communication ability, good manners, and developed habits that promote self-learning.

Renewable one-year contract. 20-25 teaching classes and 15-20 office hours per week.
Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat (Mon-Fri: 9:30-18:30/13:00-21:00, Sat: 8:30-15:30).
Classes are taught at our eikaiwa school in Kashima City and at various kindergartens in the area.
70% of our students are kindergarten to elementary school students and the remaining 30% are junior high, high school, or adult students.

Our school uses an excellent system to teach young learners (PLS system®). Training in this system is paid for by the company and all teaching materials are provided.

In addition to teaching lessons, teachers are responsible for lesson planning, record keeping, monitoring and reporting on the progress of their students, and interacting with students and parents outside of the classroom. Communicative Japanese ability is preferred in order to work well with Japanese staff and communicate with parents. Teachers also plan and attend events such as summer camp, Halloween, speech contest, etc. Some of these events are held on weekends. Time off in lieu is provided. Weekly meetings and workshops are held at our office with occasional training/seminars in Tokyo (*currently online training)

Our school has three periods of open classes each year. During these times, all classes will offer one lesson that is open to parents.

We'd like to work with a person who is good with children, sincere, a team player, organized, and with strong communication skills and a drive to continue to improve their teaching skills.
BA/BS, teaching experience in Japan, experience with children's educational development, basic PC skills, and a valid driving permit or Japanese driver's license are essential.
Majored in education, linguistics or early childhood is a plus.
Willingness to take and act upon constructive criticism is vital. We have an ongoing training program and are continuously subject to review.

Our company provides the following benefits:
Will sponsor or renew work visa.
Partial subsidy for health insurance payments.
Loan of a company car to commute.
Assistance in finding an apartment and support making a rental contract (all the cost of renting will be paid by the employee *Support moving cost to Kashima).
Two weeks paid leave in both summer and winter, and one week in golden week (end of April-early May).
Great opportunity to improve your teaching through learning with our system.

About Kashima city:
1.5 hours to Tokyo by highway bus (every 15 mins)
40 mins by car to Narita International airport
Home town of the J1 soccer team Kashima Antlers'
Great beach to surf
Historical sites
Fresh local products to enrich your daily life

Please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you have chosen to apply for a job with us and what you think makes you are suited for the position and the company.
Application deadline is February10 , 2021. Thank you for your interest.

The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.

Login or register to apply

© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.

GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.