You are an ALT in Japan. You've done this for a few years and enjoyed it, maybe you're ready to take that next step in 2021. You're looking to apply your knowledge & talents somewhere besides the classroom. It can be daunting to change from teaching directly into a different field, but we have an opportunity that helps make that transition a smooth one. It also makes it an enriching, beneficial one for you and others. It's an opportunity that lets you use everything you've learned as an ALT and combine it with new skills to help you take your career to the next level.
Borderlink, Inc. has been one of the most trusted names in English education support and teacher recruitment for over 20 years. As we strive to continue improving the way in English is taught in Japan's public schools, we've grown as a company, both in size and mindset. In order to continue this growth and remain innovative, we feel it's essential to add new voices to our team. We value the input and diverse experiences of all our team members, and welcome fresh ideas and forward-thinking. And so, we'd like to invite you to join our HR team as a Human Resources Support (HRS) member!
For the veteran ALT, a position in HR is an excellent way to utilize your skills and knowledge at a higher level. You’ll still have the opportunity to teach at schools occasionally as a substitute teacher, but you’ll also be working in an office environment specializing in empowering other ALTs. Draw on your own personal experiences while learning new abilities that you can take with you into the rest of your life, be it in the education industry or beyond.
Our work sometimes includes long travel times and requires a degree of self-reliance as you go out into the field. The ability to drive is essential, and those holding or planning to acquire a Japanese Driver’s license will be given top priority. As you’ll also be working in a mainly Japanese environment, strong Japanese abilities (or a willingness to learn more) are highly desired. While this is an annual contract position, please note that we are actively looking for those interested in (and able to commit to) long-term, multi-year work.
If you're ready to take that next step in 2021, please carefully read through the following:
[Work Details / 主な業務内容]
Stay in Japan while gaining professional development in HR that you can take with you into any career or position moving forward. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
● Join the recruiting support team and take part in the hiring process!
● Develop applicant assessment and interviewing skills
● Become familiar with the process of follow-up communication, managing documents, and much more.
● Join the training support team and help with developing other teachers!
● Work with new and continuing employees (ALTs) in both small and large settings.
● Observe ALTs in action and help them with becoming better educators while developing your own interpersonal skills.
[In all HRS positions]
● Have a chance to teach at schools as an on-call substitute. You’ll enjoy all the support we offer our regular ALTs, plus add some variety into your own work week.
● Support in creating an English language program that will help students, teachers, and schools throughout Japan.
● Join a supportive community that will aid and assist you in your professional growth, from the second you join until the moment you are ready to move on.
[Preconditions / 前提条件]
● 学士号（Bachelor’s degree）以上あり
● 日本語でのビジネスコミュニケーションスキル ※Speaking/Listening: 上級 （equal to or above N2), Reading/Writing: 中級 （equal to or above N4)
● 基本的なコンピュータ能力 (typing, word processing and basic data entry)、familiarity using Microsoft Word/Excel
● ヒューマンスキル (communication, problem solving)
● 日本の運転免許証保持または取得予定 (Japanese Driver’s license or willingness to acquire one
● 東京支店、大阪支店、埼玉支店、愛知営業所にて勤務可能、または引っ越し可能 (Being able to work in the Tokyo/Osaka/Saitama/Aichi branch offices, or willing to relocate)
[Preferred Points / 求める点]
While not required, preference will be given to applicants possessing one or more of the following:
[Benefits / 福利厚生]
● 完全週休2日制 （土・日） ※In case of Saturday/Sunday work, make-up day off will be arranged.
● ビザのスポンサー可 (Renewal)
● 交通費支給 (Following company regulations)
Other details of the position will be covered during the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
[Looking for a position as a Reserve Educator?]
If you would like to focus more on teaching and not so much of the office related tasks, being a Reserve Educator might be the position for you. Please mention in your cover letter that you are interested in applying for a full-time Reserve Educator position. Please note that these positions have different working conditions than those described above.
*Only applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted.*
*Please make sure to include all of your contact information when applying, so we can contact you in a timely manner.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process will be expedited.*
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.