We are seeking an English teacher to work with long term at a Junior High School. They are in particular looking for a teacher who can teach the Cambridge English test, who is a team player, and who can raise the overall English ability of their students. This school is located in the Haijima/Hachioji area surrounded by nature. If you are interested in the following position, please email your cover letter and resume.
<Junior High School English Teacher in the Haijima/Hachioji area (Apr 2021)>
Location: Haijima/Hachioji Area (Tokyo)
Annual Salary : 3,600,000yen ~ 6,000,000yen (before tax) + travel expenses
*Depending on experience and background
Lessons: Up to 20 lessons/week
Working days: 6 days a week (Mon to Sat).
* 5 days a week work is an option. Please let us know if you prefer 5 days-a-week work load.
Working Hours: 8:20-17:15
Insurance: Health insurance, pension plan, and employment insurance
- Developing, preparing, and implementing English classes with a focus on English Communication.
- Developing and implementing lessons with an awareness of the content of the Cambridge English examinations.
- Teaching junior high English classes and the elementary school division.
- Guiding and advising Japanese English teachers on classroom practice and teaching methods.
- Making and grading exams
- Homeroom and/or sub-homeroom duties.
- Supervising students during school cleanup time.
- Cooperating and participating in school PR activities and events.
- Joint planning with other teachers for immersion and CLIL classes.
- Attending school events
- Administrative work.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or higher.
* At least 2 years of classroom teaching experience.
* Must have ESL related teaching certificate(s) (TESOL, TEFL, TESL, etc).
* Must have deep knowledge about Cambridge English examination.
* Have passion and enthusiasm about education.
* Conversational Japanese ability is strongly preferable.
* Must currently reside in Japan and have a valid visa.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.