Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on providing complete development services (including early conceptualization, design, production and LiveOps). Well-known for its cutting-edge HTML5 and mobile games, Wizcorp aims at creating game experiences that are always pushing the limits of what’s possible.
We do this by:
■ Telling memorable stories through highly entertaining games
■ Growing a team of highly motivated staff members dedicated to the ideal of better games
■ Defining and continuously improving processes to make high-quality games
■ Sharing our knowledge and processes with our partners and the rest of the game industry
For Wizcorp, making games is about doing what we love and having fun doing it. We are looking for people who are driven to create amazing player experiences by pushing the games industry further.
We offer a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
Wizcorp is looking for Software Engineers for a selection of diverse fields. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams for you. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency. Do not hesitate to apply if you think Wizcorp would be a good place for you.
A typical day for a Software Engineer focused on console porting would start with an hour looking over some code with a senior engineer. You then might have the opportunity to look at optimising a piece of AI logic, discussing as necessary with a specialist in the area. In the afternoon you may spend some time working with game designers and artists to complete a feature integration.
For the Senior Software Engineer focused on game development might start by reviewing code from other engineers and ensuring they meet quality expectations. You then might spend most of the day developing some core gameplay logic for a real time action adventure game using the engine systems that you’ve built in a clean and extensible manner. In the afternoon you may spend some time mentoring other engineers that require your domain expertise to help the whole team level up.
[The ideal candidate will be able to]
■ Design, test, and debug own code without assistance from other engineers
■ Break down features into engineering tasks and work with other engineers to complete them
■ Have an interest working on both games and their surrounding tooling
■ Confidently communicate with all members of the company
Senior Software Engineer also needs to
■ Effectively mentor engineers in software development best practices
[Roles and Responsibilities]
● Complete assigned engineering tasks in a timely manner
● Test and document provided solutions to allow other developers to review and learn
● Write clear, maintainable code that passes review by senior engineers
● Estimate own tasks and deliver them in a timely manner
● Raise all blockers when they arise to the feature lead or project lead
● Follow software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing
● Take ownership of medium-sized features by breaking them into manageable tasks that can be accomplished by themselves and/or other Engineer I and II members of the team
● Coordinate with members outside of the engineering team to deliver features in a timely manner
Additional responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer
● Determine large feature feasibility by evaluating the problem scope, requirements, and proposed solutions
● Mentor Engineer 1 and Engineer 2 in design choices and best practices
● Provide solid programming expertise to deliver large features and architecture suggestions
● Strong software development fundamentals, design theory, and development processes
● Excellent debugging skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to technical discussions
● Eager to learn from reviews and constructive feedback
● Strong personal time management
Additional skillset for Senior Software Engineer
● Ability to write clear, performant code and design the architecture around it
● End to end software development knowledge
● Experience in one or multiple of the following
○ Development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
○ Development of large scale game systems
○ Development of low level game engine features
● University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
● 3+ years professional software engineering experience
● Demonstrable Software Engineering ability
● Experience with Git or other version control system
● Experience with multiple programming languages
● TOEIC 788 or equivalent
Additional experience for Senior Software Engineer
● 7+ years professional software engineering experience
● Experience with game engines
● Experience with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engine code
● Understanding of 2D and 3D math
● At least one year of experience in the video game industry
● JLPT N3 or equivalent
For Senior Software Engineer
● Worked on at least 1 shipped game etc
1. Online selection
We will review resumes from all applicants, and send tests and challenges to a number of them. Based on the results, we will contact you again to schedule the first interview.
A series of three interviews will be conducted that assess your character, passions, skills, and interest in the work we have to offer. We also take the time to share our vision and goals with candidates, as we believe you are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
Following interviews, we will contact you shortly with a final decision. Those selected will receive an offer describing the specific details of what they are being offered.
10:00am to 19:00pm (excluding 1 hour break)
Higashi-Nihonbashi 3-10-14 Sunrise Tachibana 6F Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0004
A flexitime system is in place which allows you to manage your own schedule within project defined core hours.
Based on experience and interview evaluation.
General starting salary for Software Engineer : 400,000 JPY per month
Senior Software Engineer : 500,000 JPY per month
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
[Raises and bonuses]
■ Salary revision: based on performance
■ No yearly bonus. Incentive bonuses may be distributed based on company performance
■ Commute fees (up to 40,000 JPY/month)
■ Japanese & English class support
[Holidays and vacations]
■ Weekends and national holidays
■ Summer/winter vacation: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
■ Annual Paid Leave: 10 days per year (first year, following the probation period)
■ Bereavement/funeral leave
■ Sick leave: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
■ Social insurance
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.