COCORO LAB is a company which operates a number of nurseries, kindergartens and after school cares throughout Tokyo and surrounding areas. We offer very high quality, effective English programs to our students. We believe that freedom of the English Teachers to create and deliver their own programs is very important and part of the reason we see such success.
Working with COCORO LAB will involve being a part of the student’s daily routines, we believe in learning through immersion. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable being a part of our school, not just as an English Teacher, but as a Childcare provider. We provide all necessary training and our staff members are very helpful and understanding, aiming to provide a comfortable and safe learning environment for our students.
The ideal candidate will have some experience to teach adults or children (TEFL/TESOL certification a plus), be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and understand the importance of patience and flexibility in working in a daycare environment. Some experience with children is preferred, whether it be in a family or professional setting. Care and passion for the well-being and development of children is a must!
[Denenchofu (Numabe Station – Tokyu Tamagawa Line)]
Children age: 1 – 5 (5 lessons a week)
Hours: 9:00am – 18:00pm (8 working hours plus 1 hour break).
Mon – Fri (Occasional Saturdays or Sundays for special events).
Salary: 250,000 – 270,000 (negotiable based on experience)
What we offer:
- 12 month renewable contracts
- competitive, negotiable salaries
- support and care for our employees
- opportunities to progress your career with our growing company
About your role:
- Daily, 30 minute English Lessons with your classes (7 to 11 students per class)
- Taking part in the daily routine, assisting with all parts of the schedule
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students
- Developing your curriculum, making materials and recording lessons
- Meeting with other English Teachers to discuss and develop lesson delivery
- Cleaning and assisting other staff with daily duties
- Taking part in events outside of the routine (Sports Day, Performance Day, etc.)
The right candidate will:
- Hold a valid working visa (tourist and student visa holders will NOT be considered)
- Currently, be living in the Tokyo area (or be willing to relocate immediately)
- Be well-presented and professional
- Have a genuine care for children
- Be committed to living out the term of the contract
- Be of good character
- Have the ability to interact in a Japanese workplace
- Enjoy being creative, fun and energetic
- Native English speakers preferred
- Have some Japanese speaking ability (not essential)
- Social insurance
- Paid holiday 10 days per year (will be provided after working for 6 months)
- Transportation expenses paid (Maximum 20000 yen per month)
- One month for the probation term. You are able to learn and fit our school.
If you think that the above applies to you and are looking for an exciting, easy going job opportunity please contact us!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.