Are you looking to broaden your horizons, travel, and explore the
origins of Japan? Are you tired of small houses, expensive rent, and
massive crowds in the Tokyo megalopolis? Do you want to be challenged as
a leader to help a small team of engineers in migration to more
contemporary solutions while retaining a competitive salary? Come join us!
Who are we?
RHDJapan is an e-commerce company with a small international team of 20
employees located in Hirakata, Osaka. Hirakata is an area which allows
easy access to not only Kyoto and Osaka city but Nara and Kobe as well.
Who we need:
We are looking for a Technical Lead with development experience in an
Agile environment who can run scrum for a team of 5 to 8 engineers until
we can build the business large enough to justify a dedicated project
owner or scrum master. The technical lead we need is expected to be
focused on technical issues, including software development and
re-factoring, product releases, and other engineering management tasks
such as hiring and training staff and delegating work assignments. The
tech lead we want in our team will be willing to evaluate our work
processes, compare them to industry best practices and implement changes
to improve our IT operations. Our engineers are looking for a leader who
will help provide guidance, organization, leadership, oversight, and
mentoring to allow them and the organization to grow together
Looking for someone who will:
• Drive technical approach for an enterprise application with hands on
technical leadership to ensure high quality, on time delivery.
• Review new requirements, define, design and implement software and
architecture using established design patterns and industry best
practices that adhere to enterprise standards.
• Work to review, make recommendations and develop system changes for an
enterprise level micro-service modernization project.
• Work directly with customer and internal management on identifying and
prioritizing product and system enhancements.
• Remove technical impediments identified during daily scrum meetings.
• Perform technical peer reviews, support unit testing, and complex
debugging of technical issues.
• Tech Leads are expected to spend approximately 30% of their time on
• Can start from Summer/Fall 2020
• Is a highly proficient Java software engineer.
• Has a strong experience designing, and building JAVA EE applications.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of Hibernate and Spring Boot Framework.
• Has experience building RESTful JAVA applications.
• Has experience testing JAVA EE applications (J-Unit, Mockito, Spring
Boot Test, Rest-Assured).
• Has already ported a legacy JAVA EE application to Spring Boot.
• Has knowledge in Linux Server and System Administration
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated experience as a Development or Technical Lead in an Agile
• 8+ years experience in Software Development Lifecycle.
• Experience with OOP, Design Patterns, SOA, and Architectural Patterns.
• Working knowledge of ETL process design, development, and implementation.
• Demonstrated team leadership, including leading design sessions,
troubleshooting and mentoring team members.
• Solution designs
• Comments, advice and expert opinion
• Is widely trusted and is seen as an approachable, direct, honest and
truthful individual, presenting the unvarnished truth in an appropriate,
positive and helpful manner
• An effective listener, well-developed emotional intelligence
• Flexibility and openness to a variety of different technical assignments
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet commitments
• Self-aware, positive and transparent. Embraces feedback and can admit
• Has keen eye for detail in own and others’ code, unit tests and
• Works collaboratively and relates well to all kinds of people and
builds and maintains constructive, positive and effective relationships
• Driven to learn and seek continual improvement
• Effective and accurate, clear and concise verbal and written
• Enthusiastic about technology
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.