If you're searching for teaching work, there's still time to secure a position as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)! We have just a few remaining positions nationwide, and they won't be around forever. So act now!
ALTs work in public schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers and participating in classes and daily school life throughout the day. Our remaining ALT positions are at both elementary or junior high levels, and they're just waiting for you!
We still have positions in the following prefectures & cities. Please be aware that only a few openings remain in each area, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
-Okayama (Okayama City)
-Hyogo (Kasai City, Tatsuno City)
-Kyoto (Ayabe City)
-Shizuoka (Makinohara City)
-Tokyo (Hachioji City)
-Saitama (Ogawa Town)
Working details vary from position to position. Please enquire when applying.
>>Able to relocate?
If you're able to relocate within Japan for a position in one of these areas, we can support you with finding housing! Please let us know when applying!
In addition to those stated at the top of this advertisement, successful candidates should have the following qualities:
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills
● Being in good health
● Be an excellent, highly adaptable team player
● Be highly motivated, outgoing, flexible, and friendly
*While not required in every position, the ability to drive in Japan is highly valued and does greatly expand the range of possible positions. If you currently posses an International Driving Permit (IDP) or Japanese driver's license or are looking to get one, be sure to let us know!
ALTs working with Borderlink can look forward to the following assistance and resources:
● No teaching experience? No problem! We provide initial training, seasonal training, as well as on-the-job training, to ensure that you are ready and have all the tools necessary to succeed in the classroom
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.)
● Hassle-free support with renewing your visa (where applicable)
● Help with setting up a bank account
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours (usually between 8 AM to 5 PM) and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods. You can enjoy a work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to explore and enjoy Japan and its culture
● Free monthly consultation from your fellow ALTs with the area facilitator program
● A yearly calendar that allows you to plan your schedule in advance
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Our annual contracts are renewable, and we welcome back those who remain in good standing with their schools and forge strong relationships with the administration team/office
● Potential career growth opportunities for veteran ALTs, such as becoming an area facilitator or joining our administrative team
If your employment circumstances have been affected by current events, we would be happy to (re)connect with you. But this offer won't last forever, so please get in touch as soon as possible. Whether you're continuing your career as an educator or looking to start one up, now's the time to secure a position! Get some peace of mind knowing you'll have work lined up! We are conducting interviews daily, including weekends and holidays.
● For those seeking Daily (part-time) positions:
Looking to work a lighter schedule with fewer days per week? You're also welcome to apply! We still have some Daily (part-time) positions in the following cities. Please enquire about the details when applying. Apply today!
-Aichi (Nagoya City)
-Kanagawa (Kaisei Town)
-Osaka (Takaishi City)
-Nara (Uda City)
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let's believe in your possibility together!
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide initial training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship where applicable. Recently we've been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country. We're ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there's always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.