Are you situated in Kansai or looking to move there? Want to work in a great area that offers the peace of the countryside while still having reasonable proximity to major cities like Kobe, Kakogawa and Himeji?
Borderlink is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for elementary and junior high-level positions in the city of Kasai, Hyogo Prefecture. These positions start from April 2020, but we encourage all those interested to apply as soon as possible to secure a position in the culturally rich prefecture of Hyogo!
[About the Position]
ALTs work in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. As an ALT, you become a part of your students' lives as you help and guide them through an entirely new world that's second nature to you- English. You'll not only teach lessons, plan activities and make materials; you'll make the language "real" by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. Ideal ALT candidates are flexible with their teaching style and want to make a positive impact on the lives of the students.
● Location: Kasai City, Hyogo
● Contract Period: April 2020 to March 2021
● Contract Type: Monthly (Full-time)
● Level: Elementary schools and/or junior high schools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 am to 16:30 pm
● Enrollment in Social Insurance is included with this position
In addition to those stated above, successful applicants must also have the following:
● Conversational Japanese abilities
● University graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher
● Valid visa permitting work in Japan (tourist/temporary cannot be accepted)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
● As positions in this area require driving, candidates holding a valid Japanese or International Driver’s Licence will get priority. License holders who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
[About Kasai City, Hyogo]
Located in south-central Hyogo, the city of Kasai offers much for those seeking a quieter side of the Kansai region. Known for its beautiful flower gardens and idyllic scenery, it’s a pleasantly green city nestled among scenic mountains. The major cities of Kobe and Himeiji are accessible by public transport, but driving is encouraged to quickly navigate the city and surrounding areas. There are many unique sites to see- from the Gohyaku-Rakan statues (the 500 disciples of Buddha) to the elegant Hokkesan Ichijō-ji temple, history is to be found everywhere throughout the city. In a region rich in history, culture and cuisine, Kasai is fantastic place to live and work.
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide a level of training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship. Recently we've been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country. We're ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there's always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
[Are You Ready? Apply Now!]
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan.
We're waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.