Later this year, Japan will host the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games. Global interest in the country is at an all-time high, and now more than ever it's a fantastic time to be right in the middle of the action!
If you're looking to continue your life here in Japan, working as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) is an excellent way to do just that and add an unforgettable new chapter to your life story. We here at Borderlink, Inc are now hiring for the Spring 2020 school year. We'd like to invite you to join us as an ALT, and begin that chapter this spring!
ALTs work in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers. They experience Japan in a different way than anyone, integrating directly into the everyday lives of children and adults alike. Apart from sharing their own knowledge, perspectives and culture, they also get the opportunity to participate in events, festivals, and day-to-day school activities like lunch time, classroom cleaning and school clubs. The relationships they build throughout the year can last a lifetime, and the memories they make will stay with them forever.
But what does it take to be an ALT, and what can you expect in return?
In addition to those stated at the top of this advertisement, successful candidates should have the following qualities:
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills
● Being in good health
● Be an excellent, highly adaptable team player
● Be highly motivated, outgoing, flexible, and friendly
*While not required, the ability to drive in Japan is highly valued and does greatly expand the range of possible positions. If you currently posses an International or Japanese driver's license or are looking to get one, be sure to let us know!
ALTs working with Borderlink can look forward to the following assistance and resources:
● No teaching experience? No problem! We provide initial training, seasonal training, as well as on-the-job training, to ensure that you are ready and have all the tools necessary to succeed in the classroom
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.)
● Hassle-free support with renewing your visa (where applicable)
● Help with setting up a bank account and locating housing
● Round-the-clock support - We understand it's not always easy living in a new country, so we provide all of the assistance needed to live and work comfortably
● Work regular school hours (usually between 8 AM to 5 PM) and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods. You can enjoy a work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to explore and enjoy Japan and its culture
● Free monthly consultation from your fellow ALTs with the area facilitator program
● A yearly calendar that allows you to plan your schedule in advance
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Our annual contracts are renewable, and we welcome back those who remain in good standing with their schools and forge strong relationships with the administration team/office
● Potential career growth opportunities for veteran ALTs, such as becoming an area facilitator or joining our administrative team
Does this sound like the opportunity you've been seeking? Then what are you waiting for? There's still time to apply, and we encourage you to do so now! Whether you're continuing your career as an educator or looking to start one up, now's the time to secure a position close to your area! Get some peace of mind knowing you'll have work lined up for the spring and beyond! Take that first step towards your new adventure today!
● For those seeking Daily (part-time) positions:
Looking to work a lighter schedule? You're also welcome to apply! (Please see the application form on our website for more information.)
● For Student Visa holders:
We are still accepting applications from those holding Student Visas. But this window of opportunity is closing very soon, so apply today to take your first step into the world of teaching English in Japan!
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let's believe in your possibility together!
Working in the education industry for 20 years, Borderlink, Inc has become one of the most respected and well-known organizations today. We value the work of our employees, and as we grow to be the best ALT recruiter in Japan, we will continually strive to provide the help and support they deserve. Many past ALTs speak highly of their experience with us, and we're happy that we have a large number of former employees return or recommend friends and family to work with us. Along with that, we are currently in the process of expanding out into the rest of Japan, and are looking for fresh and new talent. You may just be the person we're looking for!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.