Are you an experienced ALT looking for new opportunities for growth and a chance to expand your influence? Then Borderlink, Inc. is looking for you!
Since 2000, we've become one of the most trusted names in English education support and teacher recruitment. We're marking our 20th anniversary by expanding into new areas as we revolutionize the way English is taught in public schools across Japan.
While we continue to grow and improve as a company, we believe new voices are needed to remain innovative. Your input will be highly valued as we move forward and think out of the box together; your diverse experiences and fresh ideas will always be welcome; and you will always been seen as an essential member of our team. We're enhancing our Human Resources Group, and we want to invite you to join us as a Human Resources Support (HRS) member!
For the veteran ALT looking to take their career to the next stage, a position in HR is an excellent way to utilize your skills and knowledge at a higher level. You'll still have the opportunity to teach at schools occasionally as a substitute teacher, but you'll also be working in an office environment specializing in empowering our ALTs. It's a chance to develop and utilize abilities beyond those learned in the classroom, and an opportunity to use your own personal experiences and knowledge to help others. It's also a way to learn new skills that you can take with you into the rest of your life, be it in the education industry or beyond.
Our work sometimes includes long travel times and requires a degree of self-reliance as you go out into the field. The ability to drive is essential, and those holding or planning to acquire a Japanese Driver's license will be given top priority. As you'll also be working in a mainly Japanese environment, strong Japanese abilities (or a willingness to learn more) are highly desired. While this is an annual contract position, please note that we are actively looking for those interested in (and able to commit to) long-term, multi-year work.
If you think you're up to the challenge, please carefully read through the following:
[Work Details / 主な業務内容]
Stay in Japan while gaining professional development in HR that you can take with you into any career or position moving forward. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and support an English language program that will help students, teachers, and schools throughout Japan.
- Train new and continuing employees (ALTs) in both small and large settings.
- Learn the recruitment process and become familiar with document examination, conducting interviews, managing applications, and more.
- Have a chance to teach at schools as an on-call substitute. You'll enjoy all the support we offer our regular ALTs, plus add some variety into your own work week.
- Observe our teachers in action, help them with becoming better educators, and even assist with other events we produce to encourage cultural exchange.
- Join a supportive community that will help and assist you in your professional growth, from the second you join until the moment you are ready to move on.
[Preconditions / 前提条件]
- 学士号（Bachelor's degree）以上あり
- 日本語でのビジネスコミュニケーションスキル ※Speaking/Listening: 上級 （equal to or above N2), Reading/Writing: 中級 （equal to or above N4)
- 基本的なコンピュータ能力 (typing, word processing and basic data entry)、familiarity using Microsoft Word/Excel
- ヒューマンスキル (communication, problem solving)
- 日本の運転免許証保持または取得予定 (Japanese Driver's license or willingness to acquire one)
- 埼玉支店、神奈川営業所、大阪支店にて勤務可能、または引っ越し可能 (Being able to work in Saitama/Kanagawa/Osaka branch offices, or willing to relocate)
[Preferred Points / 求める点]
While not required, preference will be given to applicants possessing one or more of the following:
[Benefits / 福利厚生]
- 完全週休2日制 （土・日） ※In case of Saturday/Sunday work, make-up day off will be arranged.
- ビザのスポンサー可 (Renewal)
- 交通費支給 (Following company regulations)
Other details of the position will be covered during the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
<Looking for a position as a Reserve Educator?>
If you would like to focus more on teaching and not so much of the office related tasks, being a Reserve Educator might be the position for you. Please mention in your cover letter that you are interested in applying for a full-time Reserve Educator position. Please note that these positions have different working conditions than those described above.
*Only applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted.*
*Please make sure to include a photo and all of your contact information when applying, so we can contact you in a timely manner.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process will be expedited.*
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.