We are now seeking teachers for one of our Franchise locations in MARUGAME, KAGAWA PREFECTURE. Need a break from the fast-paced world? If you want the experience of working closely with staff at a smaller school and enjoy connecting with Japan's picturesque countryside, this might be the place for you!
The IB JAPAN Head Offices are located in Funabashi City, Chiba. While most of our schools are located in the Chiba prefecture, we have positions at franchise schools located in areas outside of Chiba Prefecture and in Tokyo. We hire year-round for our Branch schools in Chiba.
Keep in mind, once you successfully complete the interview process, we will always discuss your placement options with you, and if not chosen for a more immediate position, you will still be eligible for other placements within our network.
We always try to find the best possible location match for our candidates, so there are no surprises!
CHECK OUT OUR HOMEPAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND APPLY TODAY!
*Please be sure to include a phone number/Skype contact so that we can call you.
*Applicants already in Japan and applicants with a valid Work Visa have an increased likelihood of acceptance.
IB JAPAN has recently opened our new Japanese Language School and we are accepting students from around the world. You can not only have the opportunity to study Japanese and live in Japan, but also potentially gain some real experience as a teacher. If you are interested, please include this in your cover letter, or let the recruiter know when you interview.
What makes our company different?
1. No gimmicks: Our reputation as a reliable employer is important, so your contract is clear and you always get your salary on time. We don't use overly-complicated incentive plans that change your base salary. We also don't require you to meet quotas to be paid your full salary.
2. No surprises: We take a more straightforward approach to placement and discuss all the details with you before you even arrive. You will not find out last minute. Company expectations are also clear and described during training.
3. We care about our teachers: We're not too big, so we know all of our teachers' names. There is always experienced Native staff available to provide support for daily life (apartment set-up, questions about documents, problems with the trains - anything!). We also act a liaison for our teachers to make sure communication between Japanese and English staff is smooth.
4. Continuous training and follow-up: We want to help you grow as a teacher, so we won't forget about you after your first week. You'll even have the opportunity to team-teach with our veteran staff in the classroom as part of training. Additionally, our contract renewals have no limit and you are welcome to stay with us as long as you like to keep improving.
IB Japan is a great place to work for teachers new to the field and even for seasoned veterans. There are advancement opportunities for teachers that are effective in the classroom. You may eventually have a role in helping other teachers excel. We also encourage our teacher community to grow through social events.
We value our teachers and want you to succeed!
Benefits and schedule
►250,000 – 265,000 yen salary. All teachers start at 250,000 yen. There are no hidden deductions, or quotas to reach.
►18-month contract with full Visa sponsorship. Visa and contract is renewable. Contract renewals get permanent salary increases.
►Work-related transportation fees are fully reimbursed each month.
►5 weeks of predetermined PAID vacation every year (2 weeks in August, 2 weeks in December, 1 week in May). 5 flexible personal days. 30 days of paid vacation in total.
►Private apartment is sponsored by the company. You don't have to pay the start up fees. Semi-furnished, Internet access; 55,000 yen maximum rent.
►Full-time, 5-day work week; maximum of 27 teaching hours per week.
►Working hours are usually between 1pm and 9pm - all lessons are under an hour.
►Class size is limited to 8 students and you see the same students once a week – no unexpected schedule changes.
►In a typical daily schedule, a teacher will see 35% of classes with children under 5 years old, 50% Elementary and Jr. High, and 15% adult or other. We like teaching kids!
(if you don't meet these initial requirements, your application may not be considered)
1. ONLY Native English speakers
2. COMPLETED Bachelor's Degree or higher (requisite for Visa)
3. ESL / EFL teaching experience preferred
4. Teaching experience with children highly preferred
5. Teaching certificates (CELTA / TESOL / TEFL) will improve your chances of selection.
*IB Japan has been in business for 33 years and is a proud member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ (JAPFLE) sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.