Nagoya International Junior & Senior High School (NIHS) is excited to invite outstanding educators to apply for the position of Headmaster. The Headmaster will work with the school leadership team, teachers and staff on accreditation, policy, curriculum, professional development, teacher evaluation, data on learning, co-curricular learning, student recruitment, school events and excursions, international partnerships and other key areas.
1. Ph.D. / Ed.D. in Education, Administration, Management, Policy, English, or other fields relevant to the position
2. National or state-issued certification as a teacher and/or school administrator
3. IB Educator and/or Leadership Certificate
4. Experience with the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
5. Minimum of 10 years of teaching and/or school administration experience
6. Experience teaching or leading within a reputable IB school
7. Experience as a principal, director or dean of at least two hundred students
8. Experience working and teaching overseas (preferably in Japan or East Asia)
9. Japanese language proficiency (N3) highly preferable
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Step 1: Create an account and submit your application through the GaijinPot website
Step 2: Review of your application (Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered)
Step 3: Applicants that have passed Step 2 will be contacted to submit other documents
Step 4: Applicants that have satisfied Step 3 will be invited for an interview conducted in English (Note: interviews may be conducted in person or via Skype or Zoom)
Salary and Conditions
1. Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
2. Holidays in line with normal Japanese junior and senior high school conventions
3. Excellent benefits package including health insurance
4. Individual airfare for a single one-way ticket to Nagoya, Japan from one’s home country of residence will be provided
5. Assistance in obtaining a Japanese work visa
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.