We partner with a broad range of global companies on achieving their hiring objectives in Japan by introducing our network of top bilingual talent. Our Consultants are experts on the local market and industry trends, providing invaluable insights to their network of clients and professionals to help them make better hiring decisions and career development choices.
【What are the benefits of working at Optia?】
▸ Career Opportunity
Recruitment consultancy genuinely offers the opportunity for accelerated career progression. It is a meritocratic profession with the best performers being promoted through the career structure.
❝I’ve been promoted 6 times in my 7 years’ stint, from Junior Researcher to Industry Partner. At Optia, you’re in the driver’s seat of your career – take it as far as you want.❞
✦ Chee Estanislao, Industry Partner
▸ Financial Reward
Recruitment is a sales based role and a significant proportion of your income will be from commission and bonuses on top of your basic salary. Once you are competent, having completed your initial training and started making placements you can look forward to impressive quarterly commissions. It is realistic to be doubling your salary by the end of your first year and seeing it increase from there.
❝Recruiting is one of the few professions where you really are the master of your destiny. If you achieve market mastery, the financial rewards follow. Optia has allowed me to achieve a degree of financial independence that would have taken me 20+ years in any other profession.❞
✦ Nick Borg, Industry Partner
▸ Autonomy, Responsibility and Job Satisfaction
When you start your career in recruitment you will receive plenty of training and close supervision. Once you are up and running you will experience a real sense of job satisfaction that comes from managing your own workload. In many ways it becomes like running your own business. You are responsible for becoming an expert in your own market and developing a great reputation with your clients and candidates. Once you’ve done this you become a trusted partner, acting as a true consultant by providing advice and guidance.
▸ Fun & Interesting
Recruitment businesses rightly have a reputation for being lively and fun places to work. We have a strong team ethic and you are likely to find yourself working and socializing with a like-minded group of people. You will have the opportunity to also partner with some of the best candidates and companies in the market, gaining unique insights on the inner workings of global firms.
❝It's fantastic to be able to continuously learn from successful veterans around me. It’s inspiring to have supportive and like-minded people around you who genuinely make you feel that it’s fun to come to work every single day.❞
✦ Agata Norkroos, Industry Consultant
【What are the responsibilities of this role?】
You will work within one of our specialized industry teams to identify and introduce bilingual professionals to our multinational client companies. A typical day in the life of a Recruitment Consultant at Optia includes;
• Candidate sourcing and screening via cold calling, networking, referrals through business contacts and utilizing the in-house database
• Conducting search and selection of potential candidates that match the hiring needs of our clients
• Prospecting for new client business and proactively engaging your existing client base with recommendations on top talent for their open positions
• Managing the hiring process from candidate introduction to closing
【Why should I work for Optia?】
• We are an established brand and experienced team - over 15 years in the Japan market
• We offer extensive training and support - plus mentorship for those new to the executive search industry
• Our organizational structure is uniquely team based, which encourages collaboration, teamwork and knowledge sharing
• We encourage a positive work-life balance for all our employees through initiatives such as a flex-time system and work from home scheme
• Highly competitive compensation structure (base salary and performance bonus)
• Leadership and management responsibility for people looking to grow/lead teams
• Full health and related social security benefits
• International environment and opportunity to work with professionals of diverse backgrounds and nationalities
【What type of people are successful at Optia?】
Essentially there are 3 qualities that each of our successful team members possess;
♦ Appetite for Success
♦ Ability to Influence
If you have this mindset and a strong work ethic, you are already on the road to becoming a successful recruiter. With our training and support, you will soon be taking your career in a new and exciting direction.
Ideally we prefer applicants to have at least 2 years of customer facing or sales experience in a professional environment, and whether you are new to the industry or an experienced search consultant, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.