Osaka City is planning to open a Japanese public junior and senior high school in April, 2019. Because of this, Osaka YMCA was selected after a rigorous selection process incorporating the public/private-sector method, aiming to introduce the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program to become the first accredited school in Osaka Prefecture for a public school.
Osaka YMCA is motivated to become a member of establishing and launching a middle and high school educational school by this public/private method which attracts attention nationwide, so that it can show its leadership in each specialized field and is seeking as many innovative faculty as possible. Teachers selected for screening can make an important contribution to the start-up and development of middle and high school education schools by Japan's first public/private method.
We are seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals for the following positions:
1. Head of Science
2. Head of Math
3. Head of English Language Arts
4. English Language Arts Teachers (skill in teaching Math or Science an advantage)
5. ICT Director
● Head or Teacher: work experience at International Baccalaureate (MYP or DP Course) and in working with EAL students. ICT Director: knowledgeable in all aspects of setting up, managing and customizing a 21st Century technology-friendly learning environment.
● Intercultural Understanding - Flexibility to deal with various cultures and openness to new ideas and ways of working
● Curriculum design and program development experience and motivation
● Understanding IB standards and practices
● Ability to plan and manage the plan implementation
● Ability to carry out planning and program development
● Ability to demonstrate leadership and support other teachers' professional development
● Ability to cooperate with other faculty in class, preparation, planning, etc
● Knowledgeable - in start-up school environments, developing programs, and working on creating new communities
● Reflective - Be active in growth and capacity development
● Open-minded - Be able to flexibly take on various roles
● Risk-taker - To positively embrace the challenges associated with a unique, start-up educational environment
【Potential Salary and Benefits】
1. 6 to 9 million JPY annual gross salary
2. Position allowance per month of 50,000 to 120,000 JPY gross
3. 20,000 JPY gross per month school year length allowance
4. 30,000 JPY gross per month housing allowance
5 Relocation allowance of 150,000 JPY gross for employee and 150,000 JPY gross for spouse once
6. Moving-in allowance JPY 150,000 gross once
7. Repatriation Allowance of 150,000 JPY gross for employee and 150,000 JPY gross for spouse once
8. Annual Travel allowance of 100,000 JPY gross for employee and 100,000 JPY gross for spouse
9. Monthly local transportation allowance to school site
10. Annual Professional Development allowance of 50,000 JPY
11. Japanese National Health Insurance monthly premium 50% reimbursable
12. Japanese pension scheme 50% employer contribution
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.