Established in 1973, TELL is a not-for-profit organization providing world-class mental health support and counseling services to Japan’s international community and the community at large. TELL’s services include free phone counseling and information, professional face-to-face counseling, and educational workshops. In 2016, the TELL Lifeline responded to nearly 6,800 calls for help, TELL Counseling provided 3,114 professional psychotherapy and counseling sessions, and TELL’s workshops and outreach programs provided training and support to hundreds in multiple settings, such as schools, businesses and NGOs.
TELL is seeking an Executive Director who will have overall responsibility and accountability to lead fundraising efforts; manage the directors of TELL’s Lifeline and Counseling divisions, as well as the business office staff; and act as the driving force to provide strategic leadership and vision in ensuring TELL’s Lifeline missions and core values are honored.
Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to) the following:
• Set revenue targets with the board of directors
• Identify potential funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals/grants
• Manage the executive team and staff
• Provide leadership to the staff through effective goal setting, delegation, communication and professional development
• Recruit and retain staff who have the right technical and personal abilities to help further TELL’s mission
• Manage costs, staff and programs within the budget agreed with the board of directors
• Manage internal and external communications including marketing and PR
• Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of services and programs
• Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the services and programs of the organization to maintain or improve quality
• Act as an ambassador for the organization
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.