MY English School is seeking for immediate hire ALT / English language instructors based in the Yamagata and Shinjo areas of Yamagata prefecture. The positions involve teaching student-centered lessons to all ages and ability groups at a private language school, and may include ALT teaching in public schools to elementary and/or junior high school students several days a week. The positions begin in April 2017 with training starting as soon as possible. The start date may be negotiable.
A MY instructor teaches English language to students of all ages, cooperates with other teachers and staff, actively participates in and seeks out professional development opportunities, helps at school events, and is a contributing member of a professional group of teachers with high standards for education. An ALT will teach 3-4 days a week in an elementary and/or junior high school. The remaining days of the week involve teaching at a private English language school.
1) English: Native level
2) Japanese: Conversational
3) Experience residing in Japan
4) Ability to relocate to Yamagata
5) BA/BS university degree
6) Approved TEFL certificate (or willingness to obtain one during first year of employment)
7) Valid driving license or international driving permit (a car is necessary)
8) Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
9) Professional attitude and demeanor
10) Love working with children, and able to teach all age groups
11) Willing to accept helpful criticism
12) Ability to adapt to a new teaching style
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
2) Experience living in rural Japan
3) Minimum two years of experience living in Japan
1) 270,000 yen monthly compensation for those with adequate, internationally-accredited qualifications (260,000 per month until such qualifications can be obtained)
2) Paid holidays
3) Professional development opportunities
4) Group membership in JALT
5) Opportunities for leadership and promotion
6) School run by certified teacher who understands your needs
7) Lifestyle support when desired (e.g., apartment setup, language support, etc.)
Candidates must love teaching and be able to work with others to create a fun, student-centered learning environment in the classroom. Candidates must also have a strong desire to improve themselves professionally. While instructors have considerable independence in the classroom, we have demanding expectations for quality teaching and teaching methods, in which you will receive comprehensive, ongoing training. Most teachers, even highly experienced ones, require at least six months to adapt to MY's teaching style. You will be a contributing member of a strong and supportive community of teachers who care about being the best at what we do. You will also be in a position to help shape the development of a growing school. MY English School is exceptional in its ability to provide both strong professional and personal support to its teachers, which is why most of our teachers remain at MY long-term.
We have a rigorous interview and screening process. Only serious educators should apply.
Visit our website to learn more about MY English School.
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2024 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.