IT International Regional Systems Architect/Analyst
Requisition Number: 1600013990
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Division: CIO, Information & Analytics
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Would you like to work for a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class aerospace products and services globally?
Then we would like to hear from you.
A leading global aerospace company is looking for the right person to join its IT team in the position of IT International Regional Systems Architect/Analyst (RSAA) for North Asia. The person in this role will act as the overall technical leader for IT architecture in the region and work closely with our Enterprise Architecture team to ensure robust solutions are delivered throughout the region.
The Regional Systems Architect/Analyst (RSAA) is the overall technical leader for the region. The RSAA provides technical leadership on key projects and initiatives in the region, represent the needs and challenges of the region to the broader architecture community, and represent the directions/strategies of the broader community to the region. The RSAA integrates and draws on the necessary IT resources, in region or from around the globe, to accomplish the specific needs of the business in that region. The RSAA needs to have a solid understanding of what IT assets and configurations they have, and be the gatekeeper for any changes, additions or retirements. The RSAA engages with other regional architects and the core enterprise architecture (EA) support to share successes and challenges, leverage the success of others, and understand the potential impacts of any coming IT changes. The person in this role will be expected to travel approximately 25% of the time.
The person in this role will be Responsible for the following:
- In collaboration with others, define requirements (functional and non-functional), business processes, system/data/technology architectures, and architecture models to guide development efforts and to illustrate how their region fits into the overall enterprise.
- Document the region’s “As-Is” architecture and develop a future architecture state that aligns with regional strategies & roadmaps, and that support the regional needs reflecting local country/regional constraints [legal, security, business (contractual), and support models].
- Collaborate with the larger architecture community to communicate local constraints to ensure regional concerns are reflected and addressed in the future state enterprise architecture.
In collaboration with EA, drive regional optimization using proven architecture patterns and best practices & principles.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to regional program leaders as well as regional solutions providers.
Evangelize and participate in the International governance/standard board to share best practices, proven solutions, and lessons learned.
The person in this role will be Accountable to the following Stakeholders:
- End Users: High quality and complete architecture artifacts that will support and constrain the delivery of complete, compliant solutions that are compatible with their intended environment.
- System Developers: Architecture model reflects business drivers and can be consumed by solution providers.
- Architecture Community: Champion and evangelize regional requirements and constraints at the same time ensure that regional optimization does not sub-optimize the larger Boeing enterprise.
- Management: Ensure deliverables are on time with first time quality.
The person in this role will be Authorized for the following:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to generate the appropriate requirements that are consistent, complete, prioritized, correct and operationally defined on projects and programs.
- Establishing the system design constraints by reviewing the requirements against the implications of the published principles and standards.
- Defining measurable success criteria to ensure compliance with architecture principles and direction.
- Proposing change requests to any product, standard, process, patterns and principles that do not meet the regional needs. With a plan to move to common environment as condition changes.
- Performing trade-off analyses to identify preferred solution using applicable form, fit and function criteria.
- Requesting support from enterprise subject matter experts to assess architecture and solution feasibility.
- Communicating findings regarding costs, benefits and risks to the stakeholders by assessing the components of alternative architectures and their suitability to meet the requirements and business impacts.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located, Boeing will not provide immigration or visa sponsorship for this position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Mandatory Skills and Knowledge:
- Architecture Framework: TOGAF, DODAF, MODAF… TOGAF preferred
- Architecture Tools: ARIS, RSA
- Project Management/Leadership
- System Engineering and Integration experience preferred
- Technical bachelor's/master’s degree (Computing, Information Systems, or Engineering degree) and typically 8 or more years of related work experience
- Professional technical certifications (INCOSE, TOGAF, IASA, ITIL, etc.) highly desirable
- Experience implementing both infrastructure and large & complex application systems such as SAP
- Fluency in English is a MUST; Mandarin language skills are an advantage
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
How to Apply:
To view this position and apply online, please visit boeing.com/careers and enter Req. 1600013990 under Search Jobs.
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.