The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is recruiting qualified candidates interested in becoming its Executive Director. This full-time position is located in the heart of Tokyo, Japan.
- Job Title: Executive Director
- Contract Type: Contract
- Career level: Manager
The Executive Director role is responsible for ensuring smooth functioning of the CCCJ office in Tokyo, and is the backbone/linchpin in all CCCJ activities including events, membership drives, and networking on behalf of the CCCJ in pursuit of its interests in the community and abroad.
The goals of the CCCJ are simple: To provide value to members and to improve the opportunities and climate that foster Canada-Japan business across industries.
This position will need to work primarily independently while coordinating events, issues and initiatives with the Chamber Board of Governors (BOG). Reporting directly to the Chamber's two-year term rotating President, the term of this position is negotiable but is realistically targeted for a tenure of more than two (2) years, but less than five (5) years. During this time, the Executive Director is expected to measurably contribute towards furthering the interests of the Chamber and its member constituents, in both Japan and Canada.
Developing a high level network in the Canadian community, public sector, and foreign business communities in Japan.
Formulates/modifies direction and strategy for the Chamber to be approved by BOG.
- Prioritizes improvement opportunities for the Chamber to increase member satisfaction and lead to organic expansion and increased relevance.
- Maintains and enhances relations with all other foreign chambers of commerce in Japan through open dialogue and active participation/support of local activities and events
- Collaborates with other Canadian chambers in Asia
- Builds on existing partnerships with Canadian based Canada/Japan Associations and Canadian Industry led organizations
- Draws attention to areas of non-performance or risks to the Chamber for the BOG and follows up on measures to mitigate those risks
- Hands-on accounting including financial budgeting and control
- Manages monitoring and reporting functions, as well as Human resources functions of a 2-3 person office
- Manages the office systems and any tech support as required
- Provides back office support for all CCCJ Committees
- Manages all the edit and sales functions for all CCCJ publications
- Ensures current and relevant website content
Requisite Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Independent leader with strong managerial, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to quickly identify problems and structure solutions, and to plan and prioritize work on multiple projects, while maintaining high quality and meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Strong people skills, particularly relationship building and eliciting support for initiatives.
- Proven experience in Canadian-Japanese or international business relations.
- Business development and CRM experience preferred.
- Pro-Active self starter, with ability to motivate self and staff.
- A keen sense of judgment and tact – the ability to work with and influence professionals of various backgrounds, cultures and levels of management/leadership experience.
- Native (or near-native) level English fluency is required, business level Japanese and French language abilities are desirable assets.
- Post secondary education is required. Must be able to work in Japan – no VISA provided
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.