Destination Asia Japan is expanding, and we are looking for the right people to be part of our growth.
We are looking for a experienced person to work in our Cruise department.
The candidate will be responsible for the coordination and operation of cruise ship shore excursion programs and turnarounds in Japan.
This position also involves travel around Japan to assist the cruise ships when they are in port.
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtaining quotations and pricing from suppliers, including hotels, guides, transportation companies and restaurants
• Assisting with guide assignment and vehicle bookings.
• Assisting with managing all bookings with suppliers related to the execution of a client itinerary program.
• Work with suppliers to ensure all operational arrangements are made and executed in accordance with the standards of Destination Asia.
• Ensure that the quality of services provided by suppliers and their employees are up to the standards of Destination Asia.
• Maintain good relationship with key suppliers to ensure long-term partnerships.
• Being onsite with cruise operations when the cruise is in port
• Manage contacts with port officials and shipping agents in order to enhance the company’s image, to facilitate the operation of large or special projects and to maintain the company’s edge over its competitors.
• Develop operational plans to ensure that the very best service is provided onsite whilst maintaining strict control over cost and unnecessary expenditure.
• Negotiation with suppliers for competitive rates]
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 years of work experience in tourism or similar industry, cruise industry experience preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating preferred but not necessary
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal skill with ability to work well with all levels of managements, department heads and support staff
- Ability to delegate and prioritise work
Last modified on September 2, 2019
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.