M’s English is an expanding private English conversation school with over 19 years’ experience in the Maebashi-Takasaki area of Gunma Prefecture that offers a dynamic work environment to its teachers.
M’s allows for both professional and personal growth and development. While working hard is a given, the passion of our team, the willingness to help each other, the friendliness and the sense of purpose is what makes the environment great. We believe people make all the difference to the happiness of others, so we are looking for the perfect individuals for our team.
We have well-established nursery school, business and university visit programs. We specialize in English conversation for students of all ages and levels. Teachers have the opportunity to teach students of all ages, and work on career building projects such as curriculum creation, textbook content and creation, editing, graphic design, recording and filming educational content and much more. We publish our own textbooks and materials for use both in-house and all over Japan.
We are seeking full-time native English speakers to teach at our school. Successful applicants will either start in August 2020 or March 2021. At this time, we are only considering applicants currently living in Japan.
A strong work ethic, solid communication skills, willingness to learn new things, the ability to manage your own time and projects, and flexibility are all musts. While not essential, previous education experience is preferred. Indeed, more than experience, we are looking for the right person for the role. In addition to orientation training, we provide ongoing hands-on training that will assist you in your development as an educator. We also offer training and teaching seminar opportunities throughout the year. Promotions (with corresponding pay incentives) are possible for diligent teachers who take on leadership roles and show developmental growth. We offer visa sponsorship and renewal. Please see below for application requirements and position benefits.
Position: Full-time Native English Instructor
Location: M’s English, Takasaki City and Maebashi City, Gunma
- must hold a valid International Driving Permit or Japanese Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
- Native English ability
- Citizenship from a country where the official language is English
1. Offer the best and allow no compromises by valuing each one of our customers and eagerly think of ways to solve problems.
2. Allow each staff member to grow as a person and expand their potential through work, as well as both financially and spiritually.
3. Contribute to society through business development and always have the foreseeability of society’s needs.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
1. Actively communicate and cooperate within a multi-national staff on projects, lessons, and events
2. Plan lessons and prepare conversation activities for lessons.
3. Teach all ages and a variety of group sizes – from private lessons to small group lessons at M's locations
4. Travel to various preschools to teach large group lessons to students 6 and under with a Japanese co-teacher
5. Travel to universities to teach both students and staff.
6. Travel to local businesses to teach business English.
7. Plan and participate in all school events.
a. Events can include elementary students’ performances, seasonal events, textbooks fairs, etc.
b. Events/performances typically occur on a Sunday. There are at least 6 events in an academic year. Staff attendance is mandatory for these events, and a special Event Fee will be paid for this time.
8. General Staff Meetings are held twice a year (Spring / Fall) and typically occur on a Monday. Staff attendance is mandatory for these meetings. Staff will be paid either a flat fee for the day or an hourly rate, depending on the situation.
9. Participate in planning and making materials to be published
10. 40 hour / 5 day working week with consecutive days off.
Contract, Remuneration, Benefits & Holidays:
The successful candidate will be offered a two- or three-year contract from their chosen start date with the option to renew for the next academic year and a salary based on teaching experience and overall performance. In addition to the benefits listed below, staff may receive annual raises and bonuses according to their contribution to the company and the company’s financial performance.
The Company shall provide 10 days of paid holiday time during the winter, 10 days during the summer, and one week each during spring and autumn, which equals approximately one month’s salary of holiday time paid to the Employee during the year. This equates to six weeks of paid vacation a year. We also offer five days of paid sick leave a year.
There are additional salary benefits to teachers in the following situations. All amounts are paid as a one-time bonus upon completion of each year at M’s.
• Master’s degree in TESOL/TEFL holders: 30,000 yen
• CELTA holders: 20,000 yen
• TEFL Certificate holders (obtained on-site, inclusive of practicum): 20,000 yen
• TEFL Certificate holders (obtained online, minimum 120 hours): 10,000 yen
• JLPT N2: 20,000 yen
• JLPT N1: 30,000 yen
M’s English also offers up to 30,000 yen as a bonus upon the successful completion of a teaching certificate program.
We offer all employees a 20% discount on our in-house 40-minute foreign language lessons (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.)
1) Cover Letter
3) One current photo
4) Copy of university diploma
5) Current visa holders and resident of Japan
Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Feel free to check out our website in our profile to the right.
We also have a Youtube channel if you wish to meet your future coworkers.
Please check it out, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.