【Teach English in the Coastal Capital of Chiba!】
Borderlink, Inc. is now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture. One of the most populous and bustling cities in Japan, Chiba City is the very heart in a land of opportunity- and it's waiting for you. Apply now and secure work for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are looking to relocate to the Chiba area, we can assist you. Please read on for more information.
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Location: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture
● Contract period: April 2023 to March 2024
● Contract type: Full-time (Part-time postions also available, see below)
● Level: Elementary, junior high and/or high schools
● Working hours: Between 8:00 to 16:30 (actual working time: 7 hours 30 minutes)
● Salary range: Between 228,000 yen to 245,000 yen (monthly rate)
● This position comes with enrollment in Social Insurance
【Part-time Positions Also Available!】
For those looking to work a lighter schedule, you're also welcome to apply! We have Daily (part-time) positions available in Chiba City at a rate of 11,500 to 13,000 yen per day (paid monthly). Please note that these positions will have you working between 1 to 5 days per week, but the hours are the same as a full school day (between 8:00 to 16:30). Daily positions are recommended for those with flexible schedules in their other work. Please enquire when applying.
All successful candidates must possess the following:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work (we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● University graduate holding Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Conversational Japanese abilities and proactive in communicating with teachers
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract (until March 2024)
● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly; able to proactively share ideas and communicate fully with other teachers
● Those holding English language teaching certificates are welcome to apply!
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal
● Continual Paid Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Successful candidates are given priority for future positions (based on evaluation)
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
【About Chiba City (千葉県千葉市) 】
Chiba City is the capital of Chiba prefecture and about 40 km east of Tokyo. It's also one of the Kanto region's primary seaports, giving the city a nautical atmosphere akin to other port cities like Yokohama and Kobe. A heavily residential area, there are still several major urban centers across the city, including the famous Makuhari Messe. Chiba City is famous for the Chiba Urban Monorail, the longest suspended monorail in the world. Other sights of interest include the Kasori Shell Midden (the largest shellmound in the world), Inage Beach, and the Chiba City Zoological Park. Transportation in and out of the city is easy, and whether you're going down the coast for sun and surfing or westward for a trip into Tokyo, Chiba City is a great place to live and work.
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move.
Borderlink is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan, and as we grow we seek to revolutionize not only the way English is taught, but the way ALTs are supported. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on June 24, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.