Do you love spending time with kids? Do you feel that kids respond better to exciting, energetic activities and lessons? At TISG, we believe that kids will learn most effectively in an environment that is fun and active, so these are our foremost goals when teaching our students. If you love bringing smiles to children's faces, and making them laugh with your silliness and jokes, then this may be the right position for you.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and energetic teacher to fill an EFL position at kindergartens around the Iwaki area. Candidates must have a university degree and two years experience working with children, and be passionate, energetic and hard working.
POSITION DETAILS: The position is a Monday to Friday, approximately 9am to 5pm schedule and involves going to a set weekly schedule of kindergartens to teach English classes to groups of twenty to thirty children aged between 3 and 6 years of age in the morning, and classes of up to fifteen students aged between 3 and 11 years of age (classes are divided by age group) in the afternoon. The maximum teaching time per day is set at 5 hours (this equates to two hours of teaching in the morning and no more than four 45 minute classes in the afternoon).
LOCATION: The kindergartens on this schedule are accessed on foot, and by bus or taxi from Iwaki and Nakoso stations. This schedule would be ideal for someone living in the Iwaki area.
START DATE: The start date for this position is March 28th 2023, or as soon after that date that the right candidate is available.
- Competitive renumeration package.
- Enrollment into Japan's social insurance and pension system (shakai-houken).
- Excellent training.
- Online support site.
- A structured curriculum that also allows for teacher creativity.
- A team of 10 trainers and managers to provide ongoing support.
- Transportation is fully reimbursed.
- Base bonus and incentive bonus.
- Over 5 weeks of paid holidays.
- Opportunities for promotion.
- A team of 54 dedicated and professional teachers that teach at close to 300 schools nationwide.
- Accommodation assistance.
- Performance based tiered wage system.
- Resumes will be screened to check that minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange face-to-face interviews for teachers who are able to come to our Meguro HQ, or Zoom web-interviews for those who can’t.
- Candidates will be asked to bring with them their residence card, passports, copies of qualifications and letters of reference. Following the first round of interviews, successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to teach a short, 10 minute trial lesson of their own choosing, at one of our Tokyo schools.
- For candidates who are unable to travel to Tokyo, a mock lesson may be recorded and sent to us.
- Successful candidates at this stage will be offered a short, follow up interview in person or via Zoom.
- A final decision will be made and the successful candidate will start as soon as they are able to.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Last modified on March 9, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.