【Teach English Right in the Heart of Nagoya!】
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions across Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture. If you're looking to work in one of Japan's biggest cities, this is your opportunity. There's no need to travel far out into the countryside; if you're living in Nagoya, you're already right where the action is. Apply now and secure work for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are looking to relocate to the Nagoya area, we can assist you. Please read on for more information.
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Location: Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture
● Contract period: May 2023 to March 2024
● Contract type: Part-Time (on a daily rate basis, see details below)
● Level: Elementary or junior high schools
● Total number of working days: 129
● Working hours: Between 8:00 to 16:00 (actual working time: 7 hours)
● Salary range: Between 11,500 yen to 13,500 yen (daily rate)
All successful candidates must possess the following:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work (we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● University graduate holding Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Have Native-level English proficiency with natural phonetic fluency
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English
● Conversational Japanese abilities and proactive in communicating with teachers
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract (until March 2024)
● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly; able to proactively share ideas and communicate fully with other teachers
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Paid Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Successful candidates are given priority for future positions (based on evaluation)
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
【About Nagoya City（愛知県名古屋市）】
Japan's fourth-largest incorporated city and the capital of the culturally-rich Aichi area, Nagoya is the place to be if you want to go everywhere else. But with so much to do in this wonderful city alone, you may never want to leave! It is best known for being the center of the automotive industry in Japan, as well having a strong sense of history. It is even said to be the home of both samurai and ninja culture.
Nagoya's cuisine is top-tier, with a range of local sweets, noodles and sushi. By far the most famous is Miso Katsu, a wholly unique take on the popular breaded pork cutlet dish. Living in and around Nagoya affords one all the conveniences of a big city, but with a completely unique style from living in Tokyo or Osaka. Being at the center of where east and west Japan meet, Nagoya truly is the best of both worlds!
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move.
Borderlink is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan, and as we grow we seek to revolutionize not only the way English is taught, but the way ALTs are supported. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on June 14, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.