【Come Teach in Kanagawa- It's Where You Want To Be!】
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in cities within Kanagawa Prefecture starting from April 2023. Right next to Tokyo, Japan's 2nd-most populous prefecture is home to major cities like Yokohama and Kawasaki. And if you love the ocean, it's never too far away. Read on for more details about this popular area.
Join the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools in a job that offers stability and security. Whether you're already living in an area we have positions in or looking to move, don't wait- contact us today, and start the new year off with work lined up for spring!
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Contract Period: April 2023 to March 2024 (depending on the position)
● Contract Type: Full-Time
● General Working Days: Monday to Friday
● General Working Hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
● School Level: Elementary and/or junior high schools (kindergartens in select areas)
● Enrollment in Social Insurance (where applicable; some positions include National Insurance)
● Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, setting up a bank account, & hassle-free visa renewal
● Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
● Paid Leave Days (as stipulated by the contract)
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) & free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
● Teach on weekdays (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 5 pm) with no mandatory overtime, leaving evenings, weekends and school vacations free
● Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
● Be a university graduate with a bachelor's degree or higher in any field.
● Hold a valid residence/visa status that permits work in Japan
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Be a team player; energetic, upbeat and flexible
● Be in good health and able to fulfill requests from schools and the company
● Able to commit to your school and position until the end of the contract (*renewal is possible based on evaluation)
【Part-time Positions Also Available!】
For those looking to work a lighter schedule, you're also welcome to apply! We have Daily (part-time) positions in select areas. Please note that these positions will have you working between 1 to 5 days per week, but the hours are the same as a full school day (between 8 am and 5 pm). Daily positions are recommended for those with flexible schedules in their other work. Please enquire when applying.
【About Kanagawa Prefecture】
A coastal prefecture just south of Tokyo, Kanagawa is a mecca of culture and cuisine. To the east is the capital city, Yokohama, home to a large Chinatown lined with food stalls and restaurants. There's also beautiful gardens, such as the traditional Sankei-en Garden and the Landmark Tower skyscraper with its rooftop garden. Ōsanbashi Pier features waterside paths and shops. To the northeast is the city of Kawasaki, a thriving urban area that is as lively and exciting as can be, since it sits between two major metropolitan areas. Outside the cities one can find plenty of history and nature along the coastline or further up into the mountains. Kanagawa has it all- come and experience it for yourself this spring.
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and weekends. We are also holding weekend orientation sessions for those living and/or studying in Japan; please let us know if you are interested in joining when you apply. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and as mentioned, we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move. Those able to drive in Japan will have a greater choice of positions available to them. Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink - we're waiting to hear from you now!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on March 27, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.