The Operations Manager is responsible for managing all operation staff within the Leisure department. The position involves working to ensure all staff work with the same understanding of how our products are delivered to FIT clients, with the same quality and efficiency. The position also includes building relationships with key land suppliers.
(Junior roles/operations coordinator positions within the operations department are also available)
· Define operational standards
· Monitor the quality of work produced by operations staff
· Conduct workshops and training sessions for existing staff to improve quality of delivery
· Conduct training of new operations staff
· Train different operational staff to back up Operations Manager if unavailable
· Conduct weekly meetings of operational staff
· Act as main contact for land suppliers.
· Contact suppliers when required for sourcing new suppliers and maintaining relationships
· Problem solving with suppliers
· Negotiate with suppliers involving deadlines and payment terms
· Update operational manual
· Responsibility for out of hours emergency phone
· Train experienced staff to hold emergency phone and schedule accordingly
· Updating SOP
· Best crisis management and emergency procedures
· Identify ways work flow can be improved
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
· Business level Japanese
· Business level English with excellent writing skills
· Extensive travel experience in Japan
· High level of customer service
· High level of organisational Skill
· Internationally minded
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· Degree qualification; Tertiary management qualifications preferred
· 2 years’ experience working for a DMC (Destination Management Company) or Travel Agency in Japan
· Knowledge of the workings of a DMC
· Previous Supervisory experience preferred
· Eligible for a work visa in Japan
Last modified on December 17, 2022
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.