www.questlst.com & www.questtokyo.com
Role: Part Time (Contractor) Learning Support Therapist - Special Educational Needs
To deliver high quality therapy and individualised learning programs in line with QUEST TOKYO SEN HUB expectations and training
- Improve outcomes for children and young people
- Provide professional and clinically effective therapy for pupils/ students through devising evidence-based intervention programmes and develop competencies in various clinical areas.
- To provide support and training to teaching staff, including writing support programmes for others to deliver and offering training specific to individual learners and/or environments.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of therapy interventions
- Support the delivery of the universal therapy offer within QLST
QLST therapists will be expected to work in collaboration with the team and maintain excellent links with:
1.Students and their parents/carers and advocates
3.Other professionals working with students.
- Assess and provide therapeutic input, including initial assessments, annual reviews, transition support, individual and group therapy programmes by design.
- Independently manage and prioritise tasks to meet the requirements of students.
- Liaise with the family and all involved professionals as appropriate to the management of provision for a child.
- Collaborative working with other members of the QLST team to support complex needs in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Provide clinical practice in line with clinical guidelines and with due regard for evidence-based practice.
- Keep accurate and informative case notes in line with professional standards.
- Develop and maintain the skills and knowledge required of a specialist and therapist with children in a school setting including appropriate screening techniques, assessments, interventions and multidisciplinary education.
- Identify, develop and deliver in-service training for education staff, other professionals, students and parents/carers and modify training packages according to the needs of training participants where required.
- Contribute to meetings discussing individual students’ needs.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for specialist areas based on evidence-based practice.
- Attend Consultations, Review Meetings, Team Meetings where possible and contribute to the development and delivery of therapy and services at QLST.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice with peers and mentors and identify own strengths and development needs.
- To adapt practice to meet individual student circumstances and highlight the need to vary or differentiate practice.
- Demonstrate a continual commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the promotion of diversity initiatives and the sharing of best practice in line with QLST policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of specific therapy methods and interventions for children and young people with specific educational and learning needs
- Experience working as a successful therapist.
- Ability to translate policies and research into practice
- A flexible approach to service design and delivery
- Individual drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Ability and commitment to reflect on practice with colleagues and the QLST Team.
- Ability to, set SMART targets and measure therapy outcomes, problem solve proactively, work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Competent IT skills and a willingness to keep developing these.
- Ability to be a good team player with a good understanding of effective teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the promotion of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities.
- Approachability and a sense of humour
-Recognised specialist degree or masters.
-Registered member of related therapy bodies where available
-Experience of working with children with learning, social, physical, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Last modified on January 1, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.