We are looking to hire a freelance translator who can assist in the English localization process for the mobile RPG Evertale. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evertale/id1263365153
Responsibilities would include translating original Japanese game script into English, with special attention paid to both succinct phrasing and preservation of character voice. This is a remote position, and won’t require you to be in the office. Translators from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply.
- Game script translation/localization position, from Japanese to English
- Remote position, able to be completed outside Japan
- Payment to be calculated on a rate per Japanese character translated
- Localization volume expected to be roughly 10,000-100,000 characters per month
- Written fluency in both Japanese and English
- Stable Internet connection suitable to frequent remote work
- Prior experience with translation and/or creative writing is preferred
- Candidate submits their application
- Every candidate receives a sample passage (1000 characters) to localize
- Candidate sends back the localized sample passage to a pre-provided email account
- Candidates determined to meet industry standards will hear back from us with further details
If this position sounds right for you, please don’t hesitate to apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
■ ABOUT US
ZigZaGame Inc. is a Japan-based global gaming company with a 10 year track record of continued success. Founded in 2008, ZigZaGame has since grown into an internationally acclaimed leader within the mobile entertainment industry.
Supported by a growing library of titles, including the recent new release Evertale (March 21, 2019) already ranking in on android as the #1 RPG in 111 countries and the #1 global phenomenon ‘Neo Monsters’ (released2015) we merge our game production, marketing, and data analysis expertise into one
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.