Job Title: IT Network, Hardware and Software Controller
The IT Network, Hardware and Software Controller reports to the Technology Coordinator and is responsible for ensuring the streamlined operation of ICT hardware and wider infrastructure, both academic and non-academic, in order to ensure the smooth operation of the school, the protection and integrity of school data and, crucially, the enhancement of effective student learning. The post holder is responsible for providing technical support to students and staff, overseeing the helpdesk functions of the IT department and providing first and second tier desktop support.
Specific responsibilities include oversight of an effective network, hardware oversight and management, data backup and recovery, software infrastructure, technical support to staff and students, as a part of the IT team, collaboration on the development and implementation of the technology plan.
Applicants should consider applying based on the below requirements:
-A highly developed skillset in technology hardware, software and network infrastructure and at least 3 years working directly in this field
- Near-native-level Japanese ability (sufficient to talk with vendors, suppliers, read contracts and other written information applicable to the role, etc.)
- Business level English ability - sufficient to converse with English speaking staff and students and support their technology needs
- A commitment to collaborating with colleagues as a part of an IT team
- Google certified
- Comfortable with Mac OS
- Prior experience in educational environments
- Available for immediate start; contract may be offered on an interim basis as a ‘contracted employee’ (3 month contract) or full-term basis as a ‘standard employee’ (one year initial fixed-term contract).
- Starting Salary: ¥3.79m-¥5.1m depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate
- Social insurance (Shigaku-kyosai and Koyou-hoken),
- Distance hire benefits (paid housing for up to 5 years and relocation support) are available for candidates relocating from outside of the local area (more than 100kms from NIS) to take up the position (standard employee benefit)
- Commutation allowance (if applicable)
-NIS offers free tuition for dependent children (taxable) for all standard employees,
In addition to annual paid leave NIS support staff have 12 additional days sick leave annually as well as leave for specific purposes such as bereavement
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.