Thank you for your interest in our school! Kinder Kids International School (KKIS) is a global educational establishment with a presence in Japan, Canada, and Hawaii.
Shifts are only available between the hours of 12:30 and 18:30, we have no shifts available in the morning.
This is a SUPPORT role in a childcare facility.
We are currently looking for people to join our part-time team of daycare staff for the following school locations;
Osaka (JR Temma)
Ogimachi (Sakaisuji Line)
Tennoji (JR Momodani)
Dojima (JR Fukushima)
Awaza (Chuo Line)
Osaka Bay (Bentencho)
Ashiya (JR Ashiya)
Yao (JR Kyuhoji)
Nishinomiya (Hankyu Nishinomiya Kitaguchi)
Saito (Monorail Saito Nishi)
Higashi Osaka (Yoshita Chuo Line)
Sakai Mikunigaoka (JR/Nankai Line)
Myrica Senrioka (JR Line)
Tomigaoka (Chuo Line)
Kyoto (JR Nijo)
Kobe Seaside (JR Suma)
When the children attend Kinder Kids International School, they have formal classes during the day and then attend our daycare program in the afternoon while their parents are at work. Daycare responsibilities involve sleep room supervision, park play supervision, arts and crafts, afternoon snack supervision, tending to basic care needs, and much more.
This position requires a good level and understanding of written and spoken English as all of our lessons and daycare sessions are conducted in English. It is ideally suited to those who have afternoons free and would like to work with young children.
In addition to the hourly wage, we also pay for transportation costs from your home to our school and back. Paid holidays are also offered and calculated by the number of days you are able to work per week.
An initial training and onboarding plan is offered with this position and will consist of a mix of seminars and daycare observations. We will teach you about the role, our core values, and educational practices.
If you think you would like to work within a daycare setting and would be suited to an international school environment, please submit an application. We can also offer progression to full-time class assistant positions to those who excel in the role of daycare staff.
The main responsibility is to assist our educational team in supporting our daycare program. The designated work shift is 12:30pm - 6:30pm or 1:30pm - 6:30pm preferably Monday to Friday although we can accept other shift patterns so go ahead and let us know what you can do!
Please make sure to tell us what shift patterns you are able to work in your application.
Those working 20 hours or more per week will be enrolled in social security* (Health & pension)
*Conditions apply so please ask during your interview.
We can accommodate between 12 hours and 30 hours per week.
High performers in the role may also have the chance to convert to a full-time working contract at a future date such as Class Assistant or Lead Class Teacher!
We also offer a salaried 30 hours position for those not wanting to become full-time.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who have a passion for ENGLISH, making a DIFFERENCE and bringing FUN to the classroom. We want only the best people who are willing and able to help us maintain and build upon our high standards in Early Childhood Education. You will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, be easy to get along with and talk to plus:
You will need to have:
- A current Japan visa that permits you to work.
- A positive and collaborative attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Access to reliable transportation that will get you to work on time.
- Experience working in a customer service environment with proven and demonstrative skills.
- A passion to improve the education and care levels of children.
- A belief in and active support of diversity and inclusion programs.
- A belief in and awareness of the importance of bilingualism at any stage of life
- A flexible work ethic, we believe in TEAM SPIRIT to get things done.
*You will need to be both physically and mentally fit and be able to pass a medical examination prior to contracting.
If you can play musical instruments, speak Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, or have any currently valid first aid qualifications, these skills will add to your application. In addition, any Preschool, Kindergarten or ECE qualifications are advantageous.
What you will get from us:
We work very hard to make sure that as an employer, our people feel safe, secure, and happy. We have an excellent training program, support network, and are fully prepared to invest in you and your future.
You will also receive;
- An hourly rate starting at ¥1,150 per hour, increasing up to a maximum of ¥1,250 yen per hour with experience and performance at Kinder Kids.
- Upward mobility to become full-time for the right PEOPLE.
- Transportation costs covered up to 35,000 yen.
- Paid Leave: Number of days are calculated by the number of days worked.
- Unemployment Insurance (does not apply to Student Visa holders).
- Health & Pension Coverage (those working more than 20 hours and not on a student visa)
- Regular feedback for Learning & Development.
- Pay review based on performance at the end of each school year.
- A safe and respectful work environment.
- An opportunity to work in a truly global, educational preschool.
- A voice within our GLOBAL company.
We look forward to receiving your application. If successful, you will be invited to an in-person or online interview. Note that there are multiple stages to the interview process for any full-time position.
To make your application really stand out, we prefer a cover letter to be sent along with your application outlining one simple thing:
Why do you want to work with us and what makes you unique?
You must currently reside in Japan and have a valid visa that enables you to work in order to apply for this position.
If you are ready to take on a new CHALLENGE, we are excited to receive your application.
Last modified on December 30, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2024 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.