[Overview About MAX International School]
Based in Tokyo, MAX is an International Kindergarten that reimagines education. By taking the best practices from multi-language immersion, Reggio Emilia Approach, and project-based learning, we strive to meet children’s needs in an innovative, diverse, and loving environment that breaks the conventional walls of traditional early education. We offer a broad-spectrum learning environment designed to encourage creativity, tenacity, matureness, and multilingual communication skills for children. In MAX, the educators use primarily English to set topics for exploration and encourage children to take on projects they are passionate about, while also fostering the development of a multitude of skills.
MAX international school requires enthusiastic and experienced individuals for the position of Preschool Teacher, working with young learners aged from 1.5 to 5 years old. Candidates must be native English speakers. Applicants should have a background in early childhood education and teaching experience in a school setting. Preference will be given to teachers currently in Japan with more than three years of experience, and candidates who have early education certifications and licenses.
Preschool teachers are required to plan and work collaboratively in teams within and across grade levels. Teachers are responsible for supporting students’ transition to formal and full-time education, nurturing the motivation of learning, and developing critical early literacy skills as they learn to communicate effectively. Teachers also facilitate children’s socioemotional development and interpersonal skills.
[Detailed Job Responsibilities]
- Teach lessons on English, arithmetic, science, morals and music to children between 1.5 to 5 years old, based on Reggio Emilia approach.
- Collaborate in a team to develop lesson plan and organize both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assisted nursery staff in children's daily routine, including diaper changing, toilet training, etc
- Create and use a variety of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment tools to measure learning.
- Build positive relationships with their students’ families by providing feedback on children’s progress.
- Participate in and assist with school events and camps as required.
- Other tasks as determined by supervisors.
- Native-level English. Bilingual in Japanese or Chinese is preferred, but not required.
- BA or BS from an accredited university or college.
- Experience working at a preschool or kindergarten. IB, PBL, or Reggio experience is preferred.
- Early childhood certification is strongly preferred.
- Preschool or kindergarten teacher qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience with toddler childcare is strongly preferred (such as potty training)
- Monday–Friday (Flexible working shift. Working day can be adjusted to Saturday when necessary.)
- 8:30–17:30 with a one-hour break (Flexible working shift. Standard working hour is 8-hour long each day.)
- ¥250,000 – ¥400,000 /month (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
- MAX benchmarks its salary and benefits against other international schools. MAX provides a comprehensive, competitive salary and associated compensation package with a growth ladder.
- Annual Paid Leaves (10 days/year, may accumulate up to a max. of 20 days)
- Maternity Leave / Paternity Leave / School Calendar Leave
- Social welfare insurance provided
- Unemployment insurance provided
- Fully paid comprehensive initial training, in addition to regular training workshops throughout the year
- Visa sponsorship and renewal support are available
- MAX International School: 東京都新宿区高田馬場2-14-2 新陽ビル
Last modified on June 18, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.