GRAND NEW OPEN 2024 Spring
A new Kids Duo International in Aichi area is currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic teachers to join our team!
Successful candidates will be starting as an opening member at the earliest in June 2023.
Start month of the employment may be negotiable, however, candidates must be able to start by at least 2024 January for their initial training.
■ What We Offer
• Starting monthly salary of ￥250,000 ~ ￥270,000
• Pay raise & career advancement opportunities available based on performance
• Renewal bonus of ￥100,000 upon successful completion and re-signing of 1 year contract
• 10 paid days of leave / year (after 6 months of employment), in addition to national holidays
• Fully-paid comprehensive initial training included, in addition to regular training workshops throughout the year
• All work-related commuting costs reimbursed
• Social Security & Health Insurance provided
• Visa sponsorship and renewal support available
* Some contract details may vary depending on location.
■ Our Teaching Style
Kids Duo International is a state-of-the-art bilingual kindergarten with a fully tailored curriculum of English, Japanese and Physical Education. Our programs are designed to nurture children's confidence and motivation, and prepare them for a lifetime of learning and success!
Kids Duo International teachers can expect to cover a broad variety of English subjects such as Reading & Writing, Phonics, Songs & Chants, Arts & Crafts, and Show & Tell with classes of 24-30 students aged 2-6. Our students also participate in a plethora of Japanese-language classes & activities as well, including Music, Vocational Role-play, and our expansive Physical Education program, the aptly named (and student-favorite) “Ninja Class.” Native English instructors accompany their students throughout all of these programs, and are encouraged to participate as well!
Working hours will be between 7:30~20:00, Monday-Friday (occasional special events also held on weekends as well). Teachers may also be asked to work paid overtime in mornings and evenings, if able.
■ Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Duties as a Kindergarten Teacher:
• Communicating with Japanese teachers (using a bilingual teacher if necessary)
• Teaching students manners, proper behavior and basic life skills
• Actively interacting with students throughout the day
• Actively participating in sports class and outdoor play
• Assisting Japanese teachers in their classes
• Assisting with toilet training
• Preparation for/ Participating in school events (Field trips, Summer Festival, Sports Day, Halloween, Christmas, Music Festival, etc.)
• Enthusiastic participation in front of students and parents on school event days (dancing, singing, putting on a play, competing in sports events, etc.
English Teaching Duties:
• Teaching English classes
• Managing a classroom of up to 30 students (ages 2 to 6)
• Preparing weekly lesson plans
• Regularly evaluates student progress
• Ensuring students reach English goals
• Finding time to look for new activities, games, songs, etc.
• Marking student workbooks
• Writing weekly comments for each student
• Preparing report cards for each student (twice a year)
※Teachers hired when all main teacher positions are filled will team teach and cover for absent teachers.
• Cleaning the classroom and common areas (including bathrooms)
• Working on company and school event days (designated Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays throughout the year)
• Working morning or evening extended childcare hours when necessary (7:30-8:30 or 17:30-20:00)
• Preparing/wearing a proper Halloween costume to match classroom theme (each classroom decides their theme)
• Preparing/wearing a traditional Japanese outfit (Yukata, jinbei) for Summer Festival (school event)
■ Application Process
• Application Submitted
• Screening Process (5-10 business days) *
• 1st Interview (Online)
• Introduction to School & 2nd Interview (In-Person/Online)
• Official Offer of Position
• On-Boarding / Visa Support (if necessary)
• Initial Training & School Placement
■ Who We Are
Yaruki Switch Group is the largest private education group in Japan, comprised of 8 total brands with more than 2,000 directly owned and franchise-managed schools nationwide. Leveraging 30+ years of industry experience, our English language schools – Kids Duo, WinBe, Kids Duo International, and i Kids Star – are specifically tailored for young learners, with a focus on teaching through fun, hands-on activities and exposure to practical, usable English!
* Note: While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.