Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction.
In addition to the Rosetta Stone Learning Center brand, which focuses on teaching conversation, we also run the Hummingbird brand, which focuses on pronunciation. We are currently seeking part-time teachers to join our team teaching both pronunciation and English conversation lessons, online and in our branches.
Hummingbird is a method of pronunciation developed in the US to help Japanese people learn natural American pronunciation. Our method has been used for employee education by the Marine Corps and the Immigration Bureau, as well as by educational institutions, companies and government agencies all over the world.
We have over 20 years of history and over 10,000 graduates who are now active in various countries including the USA and Japan.
We have schools in the Kanto area (Shinjuku, Ginza, and Ikebukuro), as well as in Kansai (Osaka), and offer online lessons to students who do not live in these areas.
At Rosetta Stone Learning Center and Hummingbird we believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Also, as part of the Link and Motivation group of companies (ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan: https://www.vorkers.com/award/), we believe that motivation is key to the success of students. We have a teaching and support system that emphasizes this, and our instructors and facilitators have the opportunity to play a leading role as “motivation engineers”.
We are looking for the following types of teachers for our Hummingbird and Rosetta Stone lessons:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching adult learners in groups or man-to-man (experience teaching pronunciation preferred)
- Capable of teaching various types of lessons across multiple products as needed with the training provided
- Excellent lesson delivery skills
- Basic computer skills and good typing skills
- Flexible mindset and an interest in pronunciation methods
- A strong desire to motivate Japanese students to reach their language goals
- Perceptive and customer-oriented
- Desire and ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Well-organised and able to follow a structured curriculum
- Good understanding of Japanese learners
- Japanese proficiency of at least JLPT N3 or equivalent (Your Japanese level will be assessed during a brief interview.)
- Teaching RSLC English conversation lessons at all levels (general, business, TOEIC, etc.)
- Facilitating pronunciation lessons to groups of up to four Japanese adults (both online and branch-based lessons as needed)
- Teaching the Hummingbird method (explaining, demonstrating, coaching)
- Creating a fun, interactive atmosphere in the class
- Giving tips and study advice to students
- Supporting with student and curriculum administration
- Providing customer service
- Other tasks as necessary
- Salary (part-time): 260,000 ~ 285,000 yen per month (depending on the number of regular work days in a specific month).
- Working hours: 5 days per week (Saturday to Wednesday) between 9:00 - 21:20 on weekdays, 9:00 - 18:20 on weekends. (Please note that for this position, applicants who will be willing to work both weekend days will be prioritised.)
Shifts range from a 3.5 hour shift with no breaks to a full shift of 8 hours and 20 minutes (including a one hour break).
- Branch locations: Kansai - Umeda branch
- Commuting expenses fully reimbursed
- Enrolment in the Japanese social insurance program (Shakai Hoken)
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Orientation and initial training, plus ongoing training as necessary
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
Applicants who can start working as soon as possible will also be prioritised.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
Last modified on 2023年6月10日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.