【Teach in Beautiful Nara as an ALT!】
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in Uda City, Nara Prefecture. A great city southeast of Nara City, Uda is the perfect place for those seeking teaching work in a historic part of Kansai. Apply now and secure work for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are looking to relocate to the Nara area, we can assist you. Please read on for more information.
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Location: Uda City, Nara Prefecture
● Contract period: Immediate to March 2024
● Contract type: Part-Time (on a daily rate basis, see details below)
● Level: Kindergarten and elementary schools
● Total number of working days: No greater than 145 days
● Working hours: Between 8:00 to 16:30 (actual working time: 7 hours)
● Salary range: Between 12,000 yen to 14,000 yen (daily rate)
● These positions inlude enrollment in Social Insurance
【About Part-Time Positions】
Please note that these positions will have you working between 1 to 5 days per week, but the hours are the same as a full school day (between 8:00 to 16:30). Daily-rate positions are recommended for those with easily adaptable and flexible schedules in their other work.
All successful candidates must possess the following:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work (we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● University graduate holding Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Have Native-level English proficiency with natural phonetic fluency
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English
● Conversational Japanese abilities and proactive in communicating with teachers
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract (until March 2024)
● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly; able to proactively share ideas and communicate fully with other teachers
● Have at least 1 year of prior ALT experience in Japan
● Some positions in Uda City require driving, so candidates should hold a valid Japanese Driver's License or International Driving Permit. Those who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Paid Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Successful candidates are given priority for future positions (based on evaluation)
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
【About Uda City (奈良県宇陀市)】
For historians and nature lovers alike, Uda City is a fantastic place to live and work. Full of idyllic, beautiful terraced rice fields and traditional architecture, the city is just over an hour from Nara City itself, and offers its own flavor of ancient Japan. There are many shrines, temples, and the ruins of Uda castle to explore; there's the Buddha Stone Statures Pilgrimage route to traverse, and there's even a 2000-year-old cedar tree and 900-year-old sakura trees to see. And that's just the beginning- waterfalls, farmland, mountain paths and much more await you in this scenic city!
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move.
Borderlink is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan, and as we grow we seek to revolutionize not only the way English is taught, but the way ALTs are supported. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on 2023年6月14日
© 2024 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.