[Overview About MAX Kindergarten]
Based in Tokyo, Max is an International Kindergarten that reimagines education. By taking the best practices from multi-language immersion, Reggio Emilia Approach, and project-based learning, we strive to meet children’s needs in an innovative, diverse, and loving environment that breaks the conventional walls of traditional early education. We offer a broad-spectrum learning environment designed to encourage creativity, tenacity, matureness, and multilingual communication skills for children. In Max, the educators use primarily English to set topics for exploration and encourage children to take on projects they are passionate about, while also fostering the development of a multitude of skills.
The Preschool Director will assume overall responsibilities for the success of the preschool programs and services. He/she will oversee the daily operations of the preschool and provide leadership in the areas of academic and non-academic program and service development, personnel development to support the school mission and growth strategies. Additionally, he/she will support institutional structure, operating procedures, financial stability, and plans for the school’s future. In the spirit of community building, he/she will put in place operating processes where parents, administrators, and teachers are free to exchange ideas, share concerns, and feel welcome and respected.
[Detailed Job Responsibilities]
⁃ Oversees daily operations at the school.
⁃ Maintains institutional policies and procedures for the preschool operation.
⁃ Ensures that the school and staff are in full compliance with early childhood governmental laws, regulations, and requirements.
⁃ Facilitates preparation for and implementation of parent-teacher communications and conferences.
⁃ Supports strategies to maintain existing students, recruit and grow enrollment.
⁃ Promotes a positive image of the school to existing and prospective families.
3. Faculty & Education
⁃ Supervises and formally evaluates all school staff.
⁃ Assists the school in setting annual professional goals.
⁃ Conducts frequent classroom observations and provides coaching to teachers as needed.
⁃ Determines personnel requirements, recruiting, and evaluation of teaching staff.
⁃ Creates a work environment that encourages team building and staff collaboration.
⁃ Plans and provides staff development opportunities and training.
⁃ Mentors teachers in implementing Reggio principles in classroom practice.
⁃ Assists Teachers in conducting parent conferences and writing reports as needed.
⁃ Collaborates with teachers to plan instructional activities and lessons.
⁃ Conducts classroom teaching and monitors student progress in collaboration as needed.
- Bachelors (or Masters) Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Familiarity with the Principles and Practices of Reggio Emilia
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a leadership position, managing a preschool program or child development center
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience in early childhood education
- Native-level English. Bilingual in Japanese or Chinese is preferred, but not required.
- Monday–Friday (Flexible working shift.)
- 8:30–18:00 with a one-hour break (Flexible working shift. Standard working hour is 8-hour long each day.)
- Above ¥5,000,000 / Year (Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
- MAX benchmarks its salary and benefits against other international schools. MAX provides a comprehensive, competitive salary and associated compensation package with a growth ladder.
- Annual Paid Leaves (10 days/year, may accumulate up to a max. of 20 days)
- Maternity Leave / Paternity Leave / School Calendar Leave
- Social welfare insurance provided
- Unemployment insurance provided
- Visa sponsorship and renewal support are available
- Headquarters of MAX International School (Near Takadanobaba Station 高田馬場)
- 新宿区高田馬場２-14-2 新陽ビル 1F
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.