【Fukushima Prefecture - A Great Place to Teach and to Live!】
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in cities within Fukushima Prefecture starting from April 2023. Want to escape the confines of the crowded, expensive urban sprawl and immerse yourself in a historical area full of nature and beauty? One that also offers a pleasant, calmer lifestyle that eases the burden on your wallet? Then read on, because Fukushima is that place!
Join the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools in a job that offers stability and security. Whether you're already living in an area we have positions in or looking to move, don't wait- contact us today, and start the new year off with work lined up for spring!
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Contract Period: April 2023 to March 2024 (depending on the position)
● Contract Type: Full-Time
● General Working Days: Monday to Friday
● General Working Hours: Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
● School Level: Elementary and/or junior high schools (kindergartens in select areas)
● Enrollment in Social Insurance (where applicable; some positions include National Insurance)
● Personalized, friendly support from our team that includes assistance with end-of-year tax forms, setting up a bank account, & hassle-free visa renewal
● Year-round paid training sessions (including orientation/initial training)
● Paid Leave Days (as stipulated by the contract)
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) & free consultation with veteran ALTs to help you
● Teach on weekdays (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 5 pm) with no mandatory overtime, leaving evenings, weekends and school vacations free
● Possibility of contract renewal, priority for future positions and/or advancement in the company based on performance and skills
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
● Be a university graduate with a bachelor's degree or higher in any field.
● Hold a valid residence/visa status that permits work in Japan
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Be a team player; energetic, upbeat and flexible
● Be in good health and able to fulfill requests from schools and the company
● Able to commit to your school and position until the end of the contract (*renewal is possible based on evaluation)
【Part-time Positions Also Available!】
For those looking to work a lighter schedule, you're also welcome to apply! We have Daily (part-time) positions in select areas. Please note that these positions will have you working between 1 to 5 days per week, but the hours are the same as a full school day (between 8 am and 5 pm). Daily positions are recommended for those with flexible schedules in their other work. Please enquire when applying.
【About Fukushima Prefecture】
For an escape from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo to greener pastures up north, you can't go wrong with Fukushima. Located in northeast Japan, the area offers a treasure trove of historical and cultural sites of interest. There's the beautiful Lake Inawashiro and several ancient battlegrounds from across antiquity. There's castles such as Tsuruga-Jo, with grounds dating back to the 14th century.
The expansive beaches along the eastern coast are a surfer's paradise, and the forests and mountains toward the center are perfect for hikers and campers alike. Other things to see include medicinal herb gardens, hot spring resorts, numerous samurai-era locales, and many annual festivals, all steeped in a unique, rich history. The area is famous for sake brewing, lacquer ware, soba noodles, sauce-katsudon and much, much more. For an exciting mix of urban comfort and rural charm, Fukushima is the place to be!
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week and weekends. We are also holding weekend orientation sessions for those living and/or studying in Japan; please let us know if you are interested in joining when you apply. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and as mentioned, we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move. Those able to drive in Japan will have a greater choice of positions available to them. Thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink - we're waiting to hear from you now!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.*
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on 2023年2月23日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.