Kansai International Academy has 9 campuses in Kansai and 6 in Tokyo Area with kindergartens and early learning centers, and an Elementary School in Tokyo, and our Kobe campus is K-12. Our Kobe campus is authorized for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB/PYP). The Secondary School has 6 classes (grade 7 to 12) with the IB Diploma Programme. We are also applying for the Middle Years Programme (IB MYP).
To improve the quality of learning outcomes for students by providing teaching and learning ‘best practices within the framework of the school’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Learning Principles, Culture, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes.
BA/BSc degree holder
Teaching certificate or teaching credential in the subject or grade to be taught (PGCE, PGDip., etc.)
Physics background is a plus
A minimum of two years of full-time teaching experience, prefer candidates with international experience
IB experience is desirable
Candidates must provide evidence of a clean criminal record/background checks in their country of origin and all countries that they have worked in.
• To maintain and deliver the Mathematics curriculum
• To monitor student progress through effective assessment techniques
• To model KIA’s Learning Outcomes and make decisions in accordance with our Guiding Principles
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability and willingness to teach online and/or in a hybrid context, as necessary
• Develop, maintain, and continuously update existing unit plans and related documents
• Work collaboratively with members of the department and positively contribute to departmental tasks, such as policies, common assessments, instructional practices, grading practice etc.
• Embrace the department focus on student-centered learning and critical thinking
• Encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets
• Encourage and foster intellectual curiosity
• Serve in a pastoral support capacity for student advisees, and as the point of contact between home, and school
• Take into account the differing ability levels of students and differentiate work accordingly
• Set appropriate tasks and challenges according to the published timetable, and ensure that work is regularly evaluated, with constructive feedback
• Maintain accurate records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy
• Supervise study halls and student social activities during evenings and weekends according to the school’s fair-share responsibilities
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.