GPlusMedia is the company behind GaijinPot (gaijinpot.com) and Japan Today (japantoday.com). Our team is comprised of talented individuals who enjoy working in a multicultural environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent programming skills and a passion for clean code & clear database architecture.
The successful candidate will be a security-minded quick learner, capable of understanding and developing complex web infrastructures.
- Developing secure, robust web systems using advanced APIs and protocols
- Designing, implementing and optimizing relational database structures
- Communicating with stakeholders and team members to ensure all needs and requirements are met
Required skills include:
- Strong algorithmic fundamentals
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Clean, validated, and maintainable code; respect of coding standards
- Version control systems (Git)
- Understanding of APIs (GraphQL, REST, SOAP)
Other desired skills include:
- Understanding of unit, functional, integration and acceptance testing
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix; shell script (sh/bash)
- Networking (SSH, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS protocol)
- Working knowledge of front-end development
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.