The Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will inspect and evaluate work environments, equipment, and processes to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry best practices. The Manager will analyze data, develop and implement health and safety programs, with internal stakeholder assistance, to ensure the achievement of global and Japan region EHS goals and objectives.
1. Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Analyze EHS data and information (including laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, and industry best practices), develop and implement strategies to achieve EHS goals in corporate offices within Japan.
3. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure information on EHS policies are communicated, implemented, and executed among employees, vendors, and third-party contractors.
4. Manage injury/illness and incident reporting.
5. Conduct risk assessments of client's existing portfolio of corporate offices, identify sources of risk, and develop remediation and mitigation plans.
6. Assist in the response to disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
7. Develop procedures related to Japan EHS programs.
8. Support EHS new fit-outs and refurbishment projects.
9. Able to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-moving corporate environment.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or EHS with experience in Environment, Health and Safety is highly welcome.
• Knowledge of emergency preparedness and management in commercial facilities.
• Bilingual skills; English and Japanese required (spoken and written).
• EHS Program experience in; Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
• Work experience in a multinational organization, preferred.
• Able to build strong relationships and positively influence decision making.
• Self-starter and innovative in delivering value added EHS programs.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
• Serve as an effective and positive team member.
• Experience in supporting EHS in commercial offices and construction or renovation of commercial facilities is an advantage.
• Have experience in managing the following programs: Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
• Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
• Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
• Regular computer usage.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
• Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
• Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.