We are now recruiting instructors for the Spring 2021 term.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
1) PROGRAM INFORMATION:
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
We are accepting applications from overseas and from inside Japan for in-class teaching positions in the University Program, Young Learners English Program, and Secondary School English Program.
Due to the prolonged effects of the Covid-19 situation, Westgate needs to be flexible regarding the type of teaching we are able to provide. Based on societal needs and/or those of our client schools, lessons in the University Program might be delivered on campus, online, or perhaps even a combination of the two. There may even be a possibility of instructors being asked to be present on campus to deliver online lessons. Classes in the Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program will initially be held at school, but they may request some online classes (either at schools or at home).
Considering the above, we are looking for the applicants for the Spring 2021 term who would be willing to work on-campus and remotely if needed.
In order to be able to teach for Westgate online, you would need to meet the following requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or higher (Core i5 or higher preferred)
- Memory: 4GB or higher (8GB or higher preferred)
- Internet speed: 1.5Mbps (=1500Kbps) or faster, 3Mbps or faster preferred
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - November 2019 Update  or newer; or Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer (If you are using another OS, you would be asked to check with us to confirm whether it is ok or not)
- Browser: Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome; or Apple Safari 13 or newer
- Valid and active anti-virus software
- Web camera and microphone
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
* You would also need to agree to install applications that are required by Westgate. If an applicant does not meet the requirements above, we may not be able to make a hiring decision.
For more information, please check the ‘Application Information for the Spring 2021 Term’ on our website.
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
3) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- Spring Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: late April/early May to late July (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: late March/early April to late July (approx. 3-5 months)
- Fall Term
Extra-Curricular Courses: mid-/late September to late December (approx. 3 months)
Accredited Courses: early/mid- September to late December/late January (approx. 3-5 months)
The Greater Tokyo Area
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students’ lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world. Find out more about Westgate on our website.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply through GaijinPot, or visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.