The Tokyo American Club is the most prestigious health & lifestyle club in Tokyo supporting international business people and their families since being established in 1928.
In partnership with the major Japanese property developer, Mitsui Fudosan, we are launching a new location in Nihonbashi. Located on the sixth floor of Muromachi Mitsui Tower. The Club will feature a fully equipped fitness center, with all the necessary machines and amenities for a cardio workout with weight and cross training equipment, plus gorgeous bar/restaurant and other amenities.
If you meet the Key Skills and can accomplish the Duties and Expectations below, then we are looking forward to hearing from you for the preferred onboarding time of Early March 2021.
• Ensure the cleanliness and safety of members using the entire facility.
• Administer the exercise programs and fitness activities for members
• Assist the operation of the Fitness Center, locker room facilities and the check-in counter.
• Responsible for recreation facility patrol and maintenance.
• Promote and sell fitness related retail items
• Handling members’ inquiries in-person, emails and phone calls.
• Maintaining Tokyo American Club Guest Satisfaction System (GSS)
• University Level Credential in a related field is optional.
• Training in CPR and First Aid required.
• English: Advanced level in both written and spoken
• Japanese: Basic communication
• Hands-on experience of MS Office applications and Abacus POS/ Locker Functions required
• Assist with fitness routine maintenance, facility custodial duties and other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
• Enforcing of facility rules and regulations.
• Applicants with customer service experience and exercise or sports background are preferred.
• Greeting members, answering incoming calls and clarify members’ enquiries in a professional manner
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Enforce rules and policies in a firm yet polite manner.
• Has knowledge and experience regarding Fitness and the equipment/machines offered
• Handling member’s complaint in a professional manner and report to Supervisors.
• Ability to take charge of conflict resolution situations in a fair, timely and sensitive manner.
• Provide check-in and out services and facilities
• Carry out on-the-spot cleaning to ensure cleanliness and tidiness
• Handle the rental kits and towels in changing rooms, keeping good inventory.
• Conducting regular daily facility check and maintenance if required. (e.g. Spin Dryer, Digilock, Hair Dryer, Shoe Dryer, Shoe Cleaner and Sauna clock)
• Replenish and keep control of rental kits and towels and change the room's amenities
• Sell retail products and maintain accurate inventory.
• Handle charging through POS.
• Monitor activity participation in the Fitness Center.
• Routinely circulate the area and ensure the proper safety practices by users in the fitness center.
• Understand and enforce policies and procedures of Club
• Understand and demonstrate proper equipment use.
• Answer questions and direct comments and questions to the appropriate members.
• Understand and implement emergency procedures.
• Complete daily report accurately and legibly.
• Record information pertaining to incident or injury.
• Perform routine cleaning.
• Attend meeting with direct supervisor.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service training.
• Assist with any special projects or programs as needed.
• To communicate effectively in English and Japanese with members and staff.
• Responsible for the proper completion of the daily task / check lists.
• To handle the MS Office applications and Abacus systems efficiently.
• Fitness Supervisor
Provided uniform is required to be worn at all times, subject to TAC grooming standards.
Please apply today with an updated Photograph!
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.