Interac West, one of the largest private providers of professional foreign teachers to the Japanese government through its ALT program, is looking to hire full-time Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) in the Hiroshima area.
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) is a title coined by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) to describe native-level English speakers working in Japanese public schools.
As an ALT in Hiroshima area you will teach in public Elementary and/or Junior High schools and become an essential part of your school and local community. Your job as an ALT is two-fold: language instructor and cultural ambassador.
*Flat-rate salary, including August or December.
*Paid initial training and orientation sessions.
*Work Monday to Friday with scheduled teaching hours between 8am and 5pm.
*Transport is fully compensated.
*Future opportunities for promotion and transfer may be available.
*Relocation support available for successful applicants.
Successful candidates will:
* Hold a valid residence/visa status for Japan.
* Be a university graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree.
* Have had at least 12 years of education where the medium of instruction was English.
* Ideally hold a Japanese driving license or a valid international permit.
* Ideally possess a teaching certification (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA etc).
Thank you for your time and we are looking forward to receiving you application.
-The Interac West Team-
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.