You will work on projects that identify and solve problems across a variety of industries. These types of projects may include something such as the following:
* Designing the overall UI/UX for a new sleep training product/service for parents
* Working with founders to create a new interactive platform around celebrity/artist fan-dom
* Collaborating with the engineering team to launch a new podcast service aimed at the everyday Japanese commuter
...just to name a few!
You will collaborate with designers and engineers from different backgrounds and disciplines — from design researchers and communication designers, to front-end and back-end engineers — all in service to help develop a holistic new business.
You will create prototypes and applications that communicate a design to your idea owners and potential users. You will design across a wide variety of mediums: mobile, websites, digital/physical -- whatever is appropriate for the varied context of our projects.
* 3+ years of UI/UX design experience across a variety of digital media
* 2+ experience with end-to-end product design
* Cross-platform design experiences (iOS, Android, Web, etc.)
* Excellent UX/UI design skills, with lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
* Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer, Principle, Adobe CC suite, HTML/CSS/JS, Processing/P5, Arduino, etc.
* Systems thinking: Able to tackle complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity and prototype interventions that provide clarity and simplicity
* Passion for design: Able to distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to not only identify best practices, but push boundaries and explore new territory
* A hands-on “no job is too small” mentality
* Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, as well as an articulate point of view about design. An ability to understand the value of design within a business context.
* Prototyping: Able to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. Experience in delivering high and low fidelity prototypes.
* Business level fluency in English
* Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
* Experience in working in multicultural teams
* Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with changing priorities.
* Ability to travel between the Palo Alto, California studio and the Tokyo studio on occasion
* Excellent illustration & motion skills are a plus
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.