JOB TITLE: IT Specialist & Communications (General IT, ICT Education, Digital Marketing)
PURPOSE OF JOB
The IT Specialist is a brand new position at The Montessori School of Tokyo. The expected roles require the candidate to be creative and proactive in addition to having organisational skills to manage the school’s IT infrastructure. Start-up spirit is also important. The IT Specialist is expected to provide ICT education to our elementary and middle school students and navigate the faculty to implement effective digital marketing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Building and maintaining a user-friendly IT environment for faculty and students including managing/maintaining all school devices and equipment (computers, phones, cameras, printers, photocopiers, projectors, wifi, etc.)
2) Playing a leading role in MST’s social media and digital communications strategy, including managing and upgrading the school’s Social Media channels and maintaining and upgrading the MST website.
3) Coordinate and manage online support for the school’s ‘Learning from Home’ (online learning) programme in the event of campus closure. Keep online learning plans/tools up to date (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.) and train teachers in their use.
4) Managing the school’s online tools (Transparent Classroom, inResonance, Wufoo, Signup Genius, Alexandria, other online registrations etc and corresponding with vendors)
5) Maintaining IT inventory and anticipating future IT needs, including researching and testing new educational tools and online services
6) Developing ICT education programmes for students (as required) that includes age-appropriate units on online safety, managing your digital footprint, ethical behaviour online, etc. (including running some After School Activities)
7) Upskilling staff through in-house training on all online and digital tools
8) Assisting parents and caregivers who may have difficulty accessing the website or other MST online services, etc.
9) Managing data protection and digital privacy compliance
Work Days: Monday to Friday
Work Hours: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
➢ Native-level English speaker (Japanese preferred but not essential)
➢ Expertise in
- Internet infrastructure
- Apple computers and systems
- Web CMS
- FileMaker Pro
- G Suite
- Google Apps
- Signup Genius
- Various social media platforms
- Current digital marketing trends
- Digital compliance
➢ Strong organizational skills
➢ Project management skills
➢ Detail-oriented with consistency
➢ Tenacious for coherence and completion
➢ A start-up spirit
➢ Highly responsive and prompt
➢ An interest in education and an enjoyment of interacting with young learners
➢ Patience towards IT beginners and willingness to educate them continuously
➢ Experience with school environments
Interested candidates should send an application as soon as possible. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Only successful applicants will be contacted and an interview will be arranged.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.