**Come Teach In Beautiful Western Japan!**
Are you looking for teaching work and able to drive in Japan? We have some Assistant Language Teachers (ALT) positions throughout the Kansai and Chūgoku region, and they're waiting for you!
We still have positions in the following prefectures & cities. Please be aware that only a few openings remain in each area, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
● Tatsuno City (Hyogo)
Located in southwest Hyogo prefecture, Tatsuno is a beautiful city rich in nature. Full of parks, mountains, gardens and more, it offers all manner of activities to appeal to those that love the great outdoors. It's also a coastal commercial hub, and has a scenic port along its southern border. Close in proximity to Japan's famous Himeji Castle, Tatsuno is a great part of western Japan and perfect for those seeking an escape to a greener, cleaner part of the world.
● Okayama City (Okayama)
Okayama City is the capital of Okayama Prefecture, and the largest city in the Chūgoku Region. Located between Hiroshima and Hyogo, Okayama Prefecture is known as the "Land of Sunshine", because it has more sunny days and fewer rainy days than most other prefectures in Japan, making it a great place to live for those who love the outdoors.
● Uda City (Nara) *Uda city positions are part-time with salaries at a rate of 11,500 yen to 13,500 yen per day (paid in monthly installments). Working days will be Mon-Tue and Thu-Fri with Wednesdays off.
Full of idyllic, beautiful terraced rice fields and traditional architecture, Uda is just over an hour from Nara City itself, and offers its own flavor of ancient Japan. There are many shrines, temples, and the ruins of Uda castle to explore; there's the Buddha Stone Statures Pilgrimage route to traverse, and there's even a 2000-year-old cedar tree and 900-year-old sakura trees to see. And that's just the beginning- waterfalls, farmland, mountain paths and more await you in this scenic city!
Working details vary from position to position. Please enquire when applying.
>>Able to relocate?
If you're able to relocate within Japan for a position in one of these areas, we can support you with finding housing! Please let us know when applying!
In addition to those stated at the top of this advertisement, successful candidates should have the following qualities:
● Have strong verbal and written communication skills
● Being in good health
● Be an excellent, highly adaptable team player
● Be highly motivated, outgoing, flexible, and friendly
● Strong desire to work with young learners (15 years or lower)
Please note again that the ability to drive in Japan is required for these positions, so all applicants should hold either a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) or Japanese driver's license. License holders who do not own a vehicle can lease a company car from us.
ALTs working with Borderlink can look forward to the following assistance and resources:
● No teaching experience? No problem! We provide initial training, seasonal training, as well as on-the-job training, to ensure that you are ready and have all the tools necessary to succeed in the classroom
● Access to teaching materials and our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.)
● Hassle-free support with renewing your visa (where applicable)
● Help with setting up a bank account
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours (usually between 8 AM to 5 PM) and enjoy free evenings, weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods. You can enjoy a work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to explore and enjoy Japan and its culture
● Free monthly consultation from your fellow ALTs with the area facilitator program
● A yearly calendar that allows you to plan your schedule in advance
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Our annual contracts are renewable, and we welcome back those who remain in good standing with their schools and forge strong relationships with the administration team/office
● Potential career growth opportunities for veteran ALTs, such as becoming an area facilitator or joining our administrative team
If your employment circumstances have been affected by current events, we would be happy to (re)connect with you. But this offer won't last forever, so please get in touch as soon as possible. Whether you're continuing your career as an educator or looking to start one up, now's the time to secure a position! Get some peace of mind knowing you'll have work that will take you into next year! We are conducting interviews daily, (excluding weekends and national holidays) so apply today!
Thank you for your interest in Borderlink. Let's believe in your possibility together!
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide initial training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship where applicable. Recently we've been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country. We're ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there's always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.