Nagoya University of Commerce and Business is pleased to announce the establishment of The NUCB International College (NIC) -- an international boarding high school which is planning to open its doors after next year. The new college values participant-centered learning while providing its students with the advantage of earning the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. NIC seeks an Assistant Director of Admissions and Marketing capable of articulating its mission and vision as well as having a firm understanding of participant-centered learning through case method and the International Baccalaureate Degree Program (IBDP).
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the recruitment of all incoming students by making presentations at junior high schools and recruitment events in Japan and overseas, as well as conducting information sessions and tours on campus. Moreover, the Assistant Director will inform students, parents, teachers and others about the application process, IBDP requirements, case method, extracurricular programs, campus facilities, admissions, financial aid, dormitory and campus life, policies and so forth.
Since the position requires domestic travel the candidate must be able to legally drive in Japan. In addition, international travel necessitates a passport holder who can travel to a wide range of countries without restriction.
The Assistant Director will be involved with various internal committees responsible for reading, evaluating, and summarizing applications for admission. In addition, the candidate should be able to plan, schedule and implement travel plans to visit junior high schools, overseas Japanese schools and attend domestic and international recruitment fairs.
Major responsibilities are as follows:
●Collaborate with NIC personnel responsible for media, marketing, financial aid, student counseling, career placement, and others engaged in student recruitment and retention.
●Develop, implement and participate in various events and recruiting projects planned by NIC to build the relationship between NIC and prospective students.
●Stay abreast with state-of-the-art technology and marketing principles and trends pertaining to the recruitment of students for boarding schools and IB programs.
●Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
● MBA, MSc or MA with a specialization in education or administration.
● Minimum 2 years of marketing, sales or enrolment management experience.
● Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others.
● Japanese (Business)
● Strong familiarity with case method (participant-centered) learning
Preferred Skills and Experience
● Experience and familiarity with the IBDP, case method and participant-centered learning
● Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
● Proficiency in a 3rd language other than English or Japanese will be a plus
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Conditions / Benefits
● Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
● Monday to Friday, 08:50 to 17:30 (occasional weekend work required)
● Paid Vacation: Summer/Winter Recess and other paid vacation days
● Transportation Allowance
● Social Insurance*
● Visa sponsorship available
● One-way, economy class air ticket for overseas candidates
* Social Insurance includes Employee’s Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, Workers Compensation Insurance and Employment Insurance.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.