Destination Asia Japan is expanding, and we are looking for the right people to be part of our growth. This position is based in our Ginza HQ, where you will be part of a young, energetic and international team.
We are looking for a creative, focused Japan expert with in-depth knowledge of the country to manage our Product team, and ensure they continue to create exciting, innovative and cutting-edge touring product, experiences and itineraries in Japan.
• Create and develop unique product in Japan
• Work with key clients to create product
• Price up all product on a yearly basis and issue tariffs
• Product promotion and training to agents and sales departments via webinars
• Research and participate in inspections of product, destinations or areas to develop new tour products
• Create and maintain excellent communication with other departments to ensure that product creation meets with the clients’ needs and expectation as well as to ensure that product content and pricing are accurately communicated.
• Work closely with the Contracting Manager to ensure DAJ has the most competitive rates in the market
• Implement and oversee a product training program for staff
• Implement Travelife sustainability program and create unique CSR focused product
• Monitoring sales of existing products
• Analyze competitor product
• Create content for DA newsletters and SNS
• Maintain content on Agent Hub
• Writing up product descriptions and Japan information
• Promotional photos management
• Research into Japan tourism trends
• Represent the company to create and improve DAJ’s brand awareness as a leading DMC in the market with hotels and suppliers
• Cooperate with Destination Asia head office and in-office IT staff to ensure smooth implementation of new company-wide travel software in June 2020
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Business level Japanese
• Fluent English with excellent writing skills
• Extensive travel experience in Japan
• High level of customer service
• High level of organisational skill
• Internationally minded
• Good interpersonal skill with ability to work well with all levels of managements, department heads and support staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the product department of a DMC or Travel Agent in Japan
• Staff management experience
• Extensive travel experience within Japan
• Training experience
• Eligible for a work visa in Japan
Applications to be sent in English.
Application deadline 31st December 2019.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.