***English Adventure, the leader in English-language outdoor programs, is hiring for our upcoming Winter and Spring Ski programs!***
- Get outdoors in an excellent working environment, and use your skills and enthusiasm to inspire young campers!
- Join a team of fun-loving people from around the world!
- Grow and develop your own confidence by becoming a leader to a group of young people!
About our camps
English Adventure's camps are a once in a lifetime experience. Focusing on our core values, responsibility, leadership, kindness and respect, we provide an unforgettable camp experience for both campers and our staff.
English Adventure runs a number of small-scale camps throughout the year!
Depending on the season, you can work with campers on many different camp activities. These range from skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter and kayaking, hiking and bonfires in the summer!
Campers generally range from 6 to 14 years old. Most are Japanese—both returnees from overseas as well as kids raised in Japan—along with other kids of various nationalities. English Adventure offers an English Immersion program for kids who already speak English, and an English Challenge program for kids who need support in Japanese. As a staff you will be assigned to a program depending on your Japanese capability.
If you are interested in joining our internship program, please submit an application for the position you think will suit you best and mention that you would like to be part of internship program in your statement of purpose.
English Adventure will provide training, paid at a reduced rate, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will ensure you have the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the winter, spring or summer.
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check job descriptions for further details.
- Serious dedication to helping kids have a blast and make the most of their camp experience
- English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
- High level of skiing ability is a MUST for Winter Ski camp for SKI LEADERS (can carve, ski backwards and run black diamond)
- N1/N2 native-level speaking, reading and writing KANJI level is a must for MEDICATION MANAGER position
- Japanese driver's license or international driver's license with permission to drive vehicles with 10 people is a MUST for DRIVER position.
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Outdoor skills (climbing, rafting, hiking, camping, etc.)
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Ski instructor experience and/or certification
WINTER SKI CAMP 2019-2020
This is a hybrid position, in which you will be a Ski instructor to a group of seven to ten kids during the day and a Room Leader the remaining time. Outside of our ski activities, you will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable. You may lead campers who speak near-native English, or who are still learning English. For all campers, the ski camp is a chance to practice and improve their skiing abilities as well as their English with your help.
For details about Medication Manager, Driver and Support Staff position, message us; email firstname.lastname@example.org or see English Adventure Japan's website.
Training: December 21-24: Training (need to arrive at the campsite in Tsunan by Dec 20th, to Japan by Dec 19th)
Session 1: December 26-30 or December 26-29(depending on the assigned group)
Session 2: January 3-6
Location: Tsunan, Niigata
SPRING SKI CAMP 2020
Training: March 21-24: Training (need to arrive at the campsite in Tsunan by Dec 20th, to Japan by Dec 19th)
Session 1: March 26-30 or March 26-29(depending on the assigned group)
Location: Tsunan, Niigata
Remuneration: for ski leaders, we pay 15,000 yen per camp day (7,500 yen per training day). If you are a fluent Japanese and English speaker with ski certification, we offer 20,000 yen per camp day
For medication manager, driver and support staff positions, pay is 10,000 yen per camp day (reduced pay rate per training day).
* We also offer Overseas Volunteer Package that covers flight and living expenses (contact email@example.com for more details)
Reimbursement of transportation expenses from Tokyo to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
Want to know more?
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions!
We also started the first round of hirings for our Summer Camp 2020! You can submit general application at our website to be considered for camps in the future as well!
Google English Adventure, Japan to check out our website and get more information! We have a variety of positions available! You can find job descriptions, FAQ and staff testimonials there too.
Ask us questions through our Facebook page: Work with English Adventure
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.